Please pray for my dad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreammountainminis

Reaction score
Please pray for my dad he is in the hospital in step down Icu with pneumonia , as most of you know I take care of my dad full time He has parkinsons diease , so it is harder for him to fight off infections , He was just discharged from the hospital last saturday he was in for a uti , he was home from sat afternoon at 3pm till monday afternoon And I had to send him back in , i knew something was not right when he came home saturday because he sounded awful congested but they said he was ready to be discharged ,

Well monday he looked really pale so i called the home health nurses that I have come in to check his vitals . He was pale very congested and lethargic when they got here he was only stating at 79 to 85% he was low on oxygen , his blood pressure was 80/48 which is very low ..He has improved some blood pressure is stable and he is stating at 95% on 4 liters of o2 ..Please pray for us that he is strong enough to fight this pnuemonia ..I will keep everyone posted on how he is doing ...

He is in my prayers.. I hope all goes well for you both.

Sending out white light and prayers for you and your dad....
hug2.gif

Prayers your Dad recovers quickly. Also sending prayers to help keep you strong. My heart is with you.

Prayers for your dad and you too. Hope he gets over this quickly.

Barbie

Keeping your dad and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers ,I just got a phone call from the hospital they needed consent to give dad a unit of blood his hemaglobin is low ...They had also started to try to give him some tube feedings he did well with them yesterday but when they tried to increase them today he is not doing well with them so they are going to try to give him some slow contineous feeds and see how that works ...I thank you all for your prayers and the support you guys are the only outlet i have to talk too...

I'll be keeping your Dad in my prayers too, and you as well, as you need comfort and strength to keep going too. {{{hugs}}}

Update on my dad ,

they have moved him out of the step down icu to a regular room ,but they had to stop his tube feedings earlier they were afraid he was getting fluid overloaded and were afraid that he may aspirate so they stop the feedings for a while to see how he does..I sure hope that he is not aspirating as that will cause alot more problems ...He is still getting his antibiotics and his breathing treatments , Please pray that he is not aspirating and will be able to come home . My dad has parkinson but has lived with as normal of a life as possiable He cant feed himself anymore or bath or shave himself i do all that for him .

I get him up everyday to sit in his recliner and when we go to local horse shows or camping I take him I used to take him to all of our shows but since he's been getting uti's and they are bad when he gets them i no longer feel comfortable taking him out of state to some of the shows we go to cause i am afraid he will get a uti while we are on the road and end up in a strange hospital , So I have a lady that was an aide for many years come to my house and watch him when we are out of town ..

I just pray that i can get dad home and still be able to provide him a quality life and still be able to get him out and about my dad enjoys very much being able to still go with the kids and I ...I just want dad to have the best that he can have despite the diease ..I have seen when i worked in the nursing home older people that had no family and wasnt able to go out somewhere unless an aide or someone would offer to take them shopping or to eat or so on ...I was always one of the ones i would sometimes take them out to eat and bring them to my house for a couple hours to let them see the kids and the animals they always enjoyed it so much ...I have even had residents at my house for holidays so that they wouldnt be alone....

I love my dad so much and I pray everything works out for the best ,He has not been this sick for quite sometime now ..It just seems like it is taking him so much longer to kick this pnuemonia and there has been alot of things pop up this time like him needing blood and now the fear of him aspirating , and he has never had to have tube feeds before except when he first come out of surgery for his colostomy 3 yrs ago...Thank you very much for the thoughts and prayers they are really appreciated.....

Melanie, I am so sorry, as I am just now reading about your dad. I also just checked my email and seen your email. Working third shift, full time,has been very hard for me. I don't get on here, or the computer, that much anymore.. Sweetie, know that I am praying for you and your dad. I know how much he means to you, and how you have been taking care of him and the baby..I think about you a lot, and have been wanting to call you, but work has been really catching up to me.. Paul is still laid off, so I am doing all I can to keep us a float..If you aren't to busy, I am off tomorrow and Tues.(first time in a row for a long time) give a me a ring. I'd call,but my luck you would be trying to rest and I'll wake you. Just remember, I am praying hard for you and your dad, and call when you can..Please try to take care of yourself, too.. Jodie

Another Update on my dad

When he is discharged from the hospital I have decided to bring him home on hospice ,He has had so much go on this hospital stay that I feel it is the right thing to do ..

It has been a very hard decision I just hope it is the right decision ...He is aspirating some and they will not let me bring him home with the nasal gastric tube ,so i am going to feed him by mouth and hope he is strong enough to swallow ...My dad will not do anything for the doctors and nurses but he wakes up and talks to me for a few minutes then he drifts off to sleep ..I can tell that he is not happy in there at all and he has also now developed a couple of bedsores, He has never gotten any here at home ..So I am going to bring him home on hospice and try to make him as comfortable as i possiably can and enjoy the time we have left together....This is the absolute hardest decision that i have ever had to make , But I think dad would rather be here at home with us where he has been for so many years at least I will know he is comfortable and well taken care of...

Thank you all so much for being here to listen to me ramble , And thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers they are all very much appreciated ..

Continuing thinking of you and your dad. He will be so much happier at home. We had Hospice for my dad and it was a wonderful thing.

((((HUGS)))) to you.

Barbie

Another update on dad

I brought him home from the hospital friday and he was really good up until sunday he has really taken a turn for the worse he is on hospice so we are just keeping him comfortable ,He is alot more comfortable now that the nurses left . He was struggaling so bad to breathe with the pnuemonia that we had to put him on 5 liters of oxygen and give him pain meds to relax him so he is not struggling so hard to breathe.

It absolutely killed me to see him like that , I just dont want him to suffer and he was ,I love my dad so much and this is killing me watching him go through this if I could take it all away i would in a second , Please pray for me too have the streghth to help dad through his passing and please pray that he passes peacefully that is all i want for him I dont want him to hurt or struggle to breathe ...This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do .
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back