Please help our fire dept

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4mymirage

Reaction score
HI

Our fire department in the small town of Powellsville NC is in the running for a free truck. Their truck is 37 years old and they cannot afford the almost $200,000 to replace it. So I entered an essay in the E-One Fire Manufacturer's "why my department needs a new truck contest" and we are in the finals!

Every email address is allowed one vote. Please, go on-line and vote for us a new truck! We are currently in second place - behind a much bigger dept in Ca. (Our entire county has less than 20,000 people and is one of the poorest in the state)

scan.jpg

The winner is determined Fri April 24.

If you would like to know more about our dept, we have a small website at www.pvfdinc.webs.com

Thanks again!!

Just back from Indianapolis. Wonderful people up there!

Here's what the truck looked like when we arrived:

100_2012.jpg

The top of Lucas Oil Stadium:

100_2050.jpg

E-One had computers and "voting booths" set up at the expo.

As soon as they announced the winner, a man went to work on the truck putting our name on the door
default_smile.png

100_2114.jpg

Here is what it looked like when we had to leave to head home
default_wub.png

100_2130.jpg

Thanks again to everyone who took the time and effort to vote
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Harvey and I were just talking about this this morning and hoping you all get it!!!

I want you to win this so bad!

We now have ZERO fire department here so if anyone's house catches on fire its all up to us and the garden hose. INSANITY!

Small towns need ALL the help they can get. Sure hope you get the truck. I live in a tiny town, normal populaton is less the 1,000 ( think its 876 to be exact
default_laugh.png
)...however when summer rolls around, you would think we live in a huge city, our small farming commmunity turns int a tourist town/resort area.
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Followed your instructions and received the confirmation. My vote has been counted.

Thanks everyone for voting!!

Meadowridge, Our town had 259 people at the last census; mostly farmers so no tourism here.

Marty - how horrible! When I was a teenager, our house burnt to the ground due to no fire dept. where we were in NE AL.

UPDATE:

We are in Indianapolis, IN (E-One has flown the 7 finalists here for the presentation). Voting ends tomorrow at 1

Please vote if you haven't (THANKS!!) and wish us luck
default_smile.png

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fireman2.gif

Back