please help...my mother died

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh.. no.... I am so very sorry this happen to you and your family. It would be a good thing for you and your family to go to counciling. I know it is very hard right now but what happened is no ones fault, as heart breaking as it is.

Hugs

I am so sorry to hear about your mother....my father shot himself without any warning 22 years ago when I was 26 years old. It took years before I was able to let go of the pain of what that time was like, the huge hole he left in all of our hearts, the guilt of wondering what I missed, how could I have been so close to him, spend so much time with him every day & not see some clue...and the anger of him doing this to our family. My father was always the strong one for all of our family & showed no clue to why he did what he did. We tore the house apart looking for a note & never found anything. They even did an investigation to make sure another person was not involved-it was so unexpected.. My father was a very successful businessman & it was on the front page of the paper. I got so tired of people asking me why he did what he did because they all knew him as such a strong, successful person. It just drove the knife in deeper each time they asked. There was plenty of times that I lost my temper & told them that was the most insensitive question they can possibly ask. We didnt know then & we dont know 22 yrs later.

I can tell you that it is important that you have someone to talk to at this time, & dont be afraid to express your emotions, sadness, anger..whatever you feel. . In time the feelings you feel right now can be replaced with the good memories of the times you spent together. That is what I remember about my father, the many many GOOD times & not that terrible terrible time & I still miss him like crazy every day. I wont let this one thing he did in his life define the man who he really was.

I am sorry for your loss.

Debbie

OMG Kourtney! I am so very sorry! I can't even imagine the pain you must feel right now! I hope in the days to come you will have family and friends there for you...and we (your forum family) are also here for you when you need to vent......((((HUGS))))

I have no other words but I am so sorry. I hope you have lots of people around you to give you the support and hugs we all wish we could give to you.

Carolyn

Gary and I are so very sorry that this has happened in your family. It is never easy to lose a parent and we cannot possibly imagine how much more difficult it must be under these circumstances. I know that we and the many other people in your forum family will be thinking of and praying for you and your family.

I don't even know what to say, or where to begin..I can't even imagine..I am sooo very sorry that you are going thru this... I agree, support group will help you work thru this. Hugs to you and yours.....Theresa

Having experienced a suicide in our family I only have one bit of advice - and I KNOW it's almost impossible to take - but please, please don't try to figure out why she did it. You will never know for sure and you will only punish yourself more by trying to solve the puzzle. It's enough that you have to deal with the sudden loss and the way it happened. You aren't to blame! She was a grown woman and made a painful decision. A decision that most of us would like to believe we'd never make, but we really don't know unless we have lived with their particular demons.

I urge you to seek grief counseling as soon as possible and I'm very sorry for what you're going through.

I am so sorry for your loss, it is so hard to lose a parent but I can't imagine what you are going through in such a tragic circumstance. Know that your forum family is there for you and we will be thinking of you.

<HUGS> Yvonne

default_no.gif
Oh my gosh Kourtney, I can only imagine your pain and sorrow. I am soooo very sorry for your loss. Nothing can replace a Mother's love. (((((HUGS)))))

OMG Kourt! I'm just seeing this now... My hugs, love and support are with you and Lex. You call me if you would like to talk, otherwise I will call you on Monday... I am so sorry sweetie!!!
default_no.gif
HUGE HUGE HUGS hun!

Oh Kourtney, I am sending prayers and good thoughts for you and your family. I lost a sister alittle over 3 years ago who also commited suicide, she too had been drinking and shot herself. I also lost a cousin, same way. No one in our family really "knew" why. A death of a parent is hard enough without the added stress of not knowing why. You are going to go through an emotion rollarcoaster....sadness, anger, denial, sadness, anger again..it is going to be hard to truley grieve for a long time. I am so sorry, HUGS.

I am so sorry. Prayers and thoughts coming you and your family's way. I have had suicide in my family, even when you "know" the answer, there is no answer.

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
My heart goes out to you Kourtney! So sorry for your loss and the pain you must be going through.

You are in my thoughts and prayers

Anita

I am so very sorry, Kourtney.
default_no.gif
Words desert me but please know we grieve with you for the loss of your mother and all the emotional devastation you've been subjected to as a result of the circumstances. Your forum family holds you in our prayers.

Leia

Words cannot begin to describe how sorry I am to hear that you lost your mother under such tragic circumstances. I pray for you and your family to find the strength to get through this.

We are so incredibly sorry for your loss. Our hearts go out to you and your family.
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back