please help...my mother died

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrestigeMiniHorses

Reaction score
I don't know how to put this but yesterday was the hardest day of my life. Or should I say the worst. My beautiful mother of us 3 kids last night committed suicide. I don't know what to say or what to do. NO ONE AT ALL SAW THIS COMING. She had the perfect life. She had everything. She was so smart. She helped me get through all my tough times. And I feel so bad because I couldn't help her. We didn't even know there was a problem...She hide it well. I can't tell you how much I hate alcohol right now. She drank herself unconscious and shot herself. I never even knew they kept a handgun in their home. And even so I would have never thought she would have done this ever. She helped me raise my daughter. She is the whole reason why I moved out here in the first place. She was there with me in the OR when Lexi was born... I feel so alone right now....

Kourtney, please drop me a PM as I so hear you pain. I'm here if you need to talk to someone. I have not walked in your shoes but have lost my mother along with so many other forum members.

I can't even imagine the shock, pain and disbelief you are going through. My heart breaks just reading your post. I am so very sorry about your mother. I'd like to reach through the computer and give you a big hug. Do you have anyone there with you, because right now you need tons of support. I understand this just happened so when the time is right you might want to think about a support group or even counseling. Again, I'm so sorry.
default_sad.png

Oh Kourtney, I am SO sorry! I can't even imagine the pain you must be feeling. When my Mom died it was the worst time of my life too, but losing someone to suicide must be the hardest thing to deal with.
default_sad.png
I agree that you are likely going to need a support group to help you through this horrible time. We're here for you too. {{{{hugs}}}}

Kourtney-

I can't even imagine what you are through with all the whys - I am so sorry. I've walked in your shoes as far as losing my mom (I was 16 and she died in a car accident) and it was very tough. I too hope you have some people there for support at this tragic time. Just take it day by day at this point.

(((HUGS)))

Barbie

Oh honey, I'm SO SORRY! I'm sitting here crying.

I can't imagine the shock, hurt, anger and pain you're feeling right now. I wish I could make it better for you and give you a big hug. One thing I want you to know. That even though she was your mom, (and we feel our family should tell us everything) she was a person, a person with private feelings (like we all have) and any reason she had, it was from something inside herself that only she knew and she didn't do it to hurt you. She must have had private demons that no one could help her with. I know it hurts BAD that she didn't give you or anyone a chance to help her. That is so sad. I hurt for you and your family. I'm here if you need me.

default_no.gif
I am so, SO sorry to hear this. I pray that you are surrounded by your loved ones and supported. I can not imagine going through what you are going through. Again, my thoughts are with you.

"I'm sorry" doesn't even begin to cover it... do you have friends and family nearby that you can be with? I lost my mom at a very young age and I know how horrible it is to lose a parent... please take care of yourself, and I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...

Liz R.

I am so sorry. I do hope you have some people around you that can help you thru this.

Prayers coming for you and yours.

Love

Bonnie

I can not even imagine your pain,
default_no.gif
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, it is sad she had so much pain it overpowered her will to live. She loved you so much to try and keep the pain from touching you. They don't realize it does eventually anyway. <<<hugs>>> I hope you find some peace.

I am so sorry. I hope you are not alone. I wish I had some magic words to ease your pain, but there are none. You are in my prayers.

Oh my goodness, I just don't know what to say. I just can't imagine what you are going through right just now. There's nothing I can do or say to ease your pain but please know that my heart is breaking for your loss and you are in my thoughts (((((((HUGS))))))))

Losing your mother like has got to be so shocking and painful. Sorry does not even begin to cover it. I am so sorry!

Carol

I am so sorry, I can only imagine what you must be feeling now - grief, shock, anger... I hope you have other family & friends with you, please take care of yourself and know we are all with you in spirit.

Jan

default_no.gif
Wow, I am so very sorry. I can only offer up prayers that you have some more family to help each other through this tough time.

The word "sorry" isn't enough.......Wish the English language had more words to express sorrow....grief.....heartache.

Please.....whatever you do.....please don't EVER feel guilty........You have enough grief, anger, sorrow, and emptiness that you are and will be going through. Adding guilt is not fair to do to yourself. Your mother was an adult and made that very sad choice.

Hope you don't mind my suggesting grief counseling?

Blessings to you and your family.

Maryann

Last edited by a moderator:
My heart goes out to you and your family. There is really nothing I can say that would ease your pain and grief. I will pray for you and your family to help you through this terrible sorrow and to help you find understanding and peace in why you Mother would have done this. Sending deep prayers for you. Most of all please don't blame yourself.

God please touch this family with your peace and guidance. Help them cope with this terrible loss and help them to deal with the pain and grief the loss of their Mother has left. God bless.

Latest posts

Back