Please help me say goodbye to Bluewater Bailey...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunQuest

Reaction score
Please help me say goodbye to a grand ol lady and my Aunt's (known on this forum as Aunt_SunQuest) best friend.

bailey.jpg

Bailey was originally my sister's dog until my sister went through a divorce and moved in with my Aunt Karen. Karen would puppy sit Bailey as a little puppy while my sister was at work. While in her young puppy times, Bailey caught Parvo and was very fortunate to have survived the ordeal. Our vet said the only reason she survived was that she was current on her Parvo vaccine, but because she was a puppy, she was not fully protected against Parvo. So we have always thought that Bailey was a strong dog and a very lucky dog as well. Bailey recovered from Parvo, but I honestly think there were side effects from it. She would get excited and then start to tremble and shake uncontrollably. Never happend before, but we were so able to overlook this as we were so glad to have her in our lives.

Bailey was ever present at the farm. Where ever Karen went, so did Bailey. She was the perfect co-pilot for Karen and always stayed in the passanger seat when Karen and her were driving around. And Bailey loved everyone that she met be it dog or human. Rarely did I ever see Bailey get tough with any animal or person. Nothing but a heart of gold.

Well, the past several years have been harder on her. She was almost 12 and her liver had been giving her problems for 4 years. Due to Karen's supurb care, the issues were somewhat under control being on a special diet that Karen made her every day along with pills to help. Then last spring she got really ill and none of us knew what was wrong with her and the vet suspected some kind of virus or something. She couldn't eat or drink really without getting sick. The vet treated her and the antibiotics seemed to do the trick. Back to the happy gal that she was. That was until late last week.

I found out on Saterday evening that Bailey was very ill again. She hadn't been able to eat a thing or even drink without getting ill. She was on antinausia medicine and antibiotics, but neither were helping much. She was thirsty, and if she drank it would not stay down.

I called Bfogg and bless Bonnie's heart, she fit Bailey and my Karen into her schedule immediately. Bailey told Bonnie that she has lived a grand life and that she would be ok if Karen had to make the decision to let her cross the rainbow bridge and Bonnie also told Karen that she would know when it was time by looking into Bailey's eyes. THANK YOU BONNIE! I KNOW YOU HELPED KAREN AND BAILEY!

Well, Karen told me that she spent all of yesterday crying. She knew it was time yesterday. Bailey could do nothing but lie around and she couldn't get up if she was on a slick surface. So this morning at Bailey's followup, Karen and the vet made the choice to let Bailey pass.

Things will not be the same without the antics of Bailey. No more filling in holes under the steps. No more yelling at her to get her to go home and having her pretend to not hear us just to make us search for her. The dogs at the farm all have a set place at the table when we play cards. Now the spot will be empty....

Good bye little one. We will miss you!

Bluewater Bailey

05/16/1996 - 01/21/2008

(((hugs Karen)))

Last edited by a moderator:
oh I am so sorry. She sure was a pretty one
default_wub.png
At least she isn't in pain anymore.

Nila

What a beautiful girl Bailey was. Please give hugs for Aunt Karen and take some for yourself. Bailey will be at the card table with you all each time you play. Just listen and you will know she's there.

Gini

OLD DOGS NEVER DIE

We have a secret, you and I,

That no one else shall know,

For who, but I can see you lie,

Each night, in fireglow?

And who but I can reach my hand

Before we go to bed,

And feel the living warmth of you

And touch your silken head?

And only I walk woodland paths

And see, ahead of me,

Your small form racing with the wind,

So young again and free.

And only I can see you swim,

In every brook I pass,

And, when I call, no one but I

Can see the bending grass.

Author Unknown

i'm so sorry for your loss. rest in peace, bailey, you have earned it.
default_sad.png

My heart goes out to your Aunt Karen!!! It made me cry reading your post, and I know others share that emotion. We all love our pets and to most of us, they are family members. I am so sorry Bailey is gone, but I also know from a reading Bonnie did that our pets are not ever truly gone, and one day we do meet them again
default_yes.gif

Charlene that poem says it all.

((((HUGS)))) to Aunt Karen. Bailey will be waiting for her at the rainbow bridge.

Nila and Karen I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Bailey. I am sitting here with tears flowing. It's such a hard thing to let our canine companions go. I hurt for your loss.

What a beautiful tribute you have written for Bailey!!! I am so sorry for her loss!! {{{HUGS}}}

Rest in peace, Bailey, you earned it....my thoughts are with you as you adjust to life without her. She is a very special girl.

(((hugs)))

Thank you for sharing her story.

Liz

Oh, Nila...I am so, so sorry to read this...it's never easy to say goodbye....

Liz R.

I am sorry for your loss. But I know Bailey was ready to go and is at peace.

Hugs and glad I could help.

Bonnie

God bless a wonderful little dog.......... You wrote a beautiful tribute.

Thank you for sharing a little bit of Bailey with us, even though it brought tears.....

MA

Karen & Nila, I'm so deeply sorry! I'm crying from reading about her. It sounds like she brought so much love into her world. That love will never die. What a beautiful girl she was!

{{{{Hugs}}}}

I am so sorry, it is never easy is it.

A friend sent me this a while ago, I loved it, hope you do too. (((HUGS)))

The Ten Commandments for Pet Owners

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any Separation from will be painful for me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me...it's crucial to my well being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up for punishment. You have your work, your friends and your entertainment, I have only you!!

5. Be aware that However you treat me, I'll never forget it.

6. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.

7. Remember before you hit me, that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand, but I choose Not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something may be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right foods, I've been out in the sun too long or my heart is getting old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old...you too will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or, "Let it happen in my absence" Everything is easier for me if You are there. Above all, remember that I Love you.

TREASURED FRIEND

I lost a treasured friend today

The little dog who used to lay

Her gentle head upon my knee

And share her silent thoughts with me...

She'll come no longer to my call

Retrieve no more her favorite ball

A voice far greater than my own

Has called her to His golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears,

I thank Him for the happy years

He let her spend down here with me

And for her love and loyalty.

When it is time for me to go

And join her there, This much I know...

I shall not fear the transient dark

For she will greet me with her bark.

Author Unknown

Hugs to you and Aunt Karen

Robin

I just want to say thank you all for your prayers and hugs. And a special thanks to bonnie for the reading on Bailey it help a lot. I knew by Sunday night i had to end her suffering. The last time she was sick was in May, but in two day on antibiatic she had started to bounce back. But not this time. She just kept weaker. She still would get up and try to follow me where ever I went. By Monday morning I could not take it any more she stagger after me when I went to the bathroom and just laid down at my feet, so when I was dressed my room mate helped me pick her and put her in my car.and the vet's asstant came out and carried her in the office for me. Vet check out her and wen I got in the room her and told the vet I woldn't let her suffer any more he agreed with me. I was able to hold and stey with till it was over. The vet said they will make a paw print of her for me.

So rest in peace, my precious girl I will miss you forever. and will see you soon. I know your waiting for me. when me time comes. Go and run and play with Blossom and Copper.

default_wub.png
default_no.gif
Rhis is always so hard and it makes my heart ache to think of the sadness..having been through it I send hugs and wishes for a peaceful acceptence..

Run free Baily girl and go chase the wind

Latest posts

Back