Please check this out. Is this a scammer?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiny zebra

Reaction score
I have several horses for sale including a Percheron. I got this email this morning

Hello.
I came across your horse you have posted for sale and can i know if you still have it available for sales and am interested in it and can i know your asking price for it also tell me a little more on the behavior.

Cheers

Ray James
I know, long run on sentence but I sent pictures to him anyway and answered his question about the price and the behaviour which was already in the online ad. Now, I get this email:

Hello
I like the horse and will like to proceed on the sales now.

Regarding the transportation i do have a freight agent that will be taken care of that and have it pick up from your location for onward delievery so you dont have to worry about the transportation as i will be taken care of that directly

As for the payment i will be issuing you a cheque for the payment and which will cover your asking price for the horse and also there will be an additional amount that will be added to the cheque which you will be given to the freight company that will be take care of the transportation from your location.

So you will be receiving a cheque that will be more than the amount you're asking so as soon as you cash it you will be deducting your amount of the horse from it and hand over the remaining amount to the trucking driver at the time of pick up from your location and that will be for the transportation of the horse.

Kindly let me know if you have read and understand this and if this is acceptatble by you just go ahead and email me with the below information so that i can go ahead and issue out the cheque to you immdiately for the payment.

Full Name:

Full Address:

Phone No:

Final Asking Price

Immdiately i get this information from you i will go ahead and issue out the cheque to you and we can proceed from there as soon as possible and also am offering you additional $200 to your asking price to conider it sld to me and to keep it as the payment is on the way..

Regards

John Galland.
Same email address but signed by someone else. I feel weird about this. Would any of you respond to this? This is just weird. Why do people have to be weird? Should I even respond? I would like to know where my horse is going and what they plan on doing with him. Am I just being a freak? No questions about health cert or coggins or anything. I think this is a scam.

I couldn't help myself. I had to send this to him/her/it, whoever!

I have some questions for you. Who are you? Why are you signing two different names? Where is the horse going? You didn't even question any health papers needed for shipping. I'm thinking you are a scammer. What country are

you from? Why did you question price and behaviour when it is clear in the ad?
I doubt I'll hear from them again! I don't understand what they have to gain from stuff like this? What am I missing? What happens if a person goes ahead with this? Am I just stupid or what? I guess I'm still stuck in the "handshake and good word" world. I hate having to feel like everyone is out to get you!
default_no.gif

I don't understand what they have to gain from stuff like this? What am I missing? What happens if a person goes ahead with this?
The check that they send you is not good. You will cash it and send on the "extra" money to the "hauler". Only later you will find that the check is no good and the bank will then take it out of your account. Now you are out the "extra" money.

These scams are almost identical in their verbage.

They never care about what you are selling. Many times they do not even mention what you are selling, but just use a workd like Item. The item that you are selling...

I did similar to you. I responded a couple of times and then I said that I would go no further until I had a full name, full address and a couple of photos of the barn and area that the horse was going to live in. Funny, but I never heard from them again. :DOH!
default_wacko.png

I have a couple posted on Craigs List and thats all I got is scammers! Lorie

I did similar to you. I responded a couple of times and then I said that I would go no further until I had a full name, full address and a couple of photos of the barn and area that the horse was going to live in. Funny, but I never heard from them again. :DOH!
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back