Playing in the snow

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferin

Reaction score
We were all set to get a few inches of snow yesterday. I was planning on getting some pretty pictures of our horses playing in it. Well, the weather forecast was way off.
default_unsure.png
We ended up only getting a light dusting of snow. The horses still had fun in it and were in the mood to play and I did get a bunch of pictures. But just not what I had planned on getting.

Please excuse the horses! They have very thick woolies, are dirty, and have mohawks.
default_rolleyes.gif

With a little coaxing Lilly decided to leave her warm stall and see what this white stuff was.

DSC_0009-2.jpg

DSC_0229-2.jpg

I love this picture!
default_wub.png

DSC_0193-2.jpg

Phoenix checking things out.

DSC_0069-2.jpg

DSC_0187-2.jpg

Twister

DSC_0354-2.jpg

DSC_0319-2.jpg

Kicking it up with Fame.

DSC_0331-2.jpg

Fame

DSC_0434-2.jpg

Tequila

DSC_0439-2.jpg

DSC_0306-2.jpg

Sierra even had a blast playing in her boots.

DSC_0543-2.jpg

DSC_0526-2.jpg

DSC_0497-2.jpg

And last but not least, Buddy. I love this stallion!
default_wub.png
He has an amazing personality and is such a character.

DSC_0129-2.jpg

DSCN2413-2.jpg

DSCN2410-2.jpg

DSCN2400-2.jpg

Sophie even had to check the snow out.

DSC_0525-2.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!
default_smile.png

Ferin, They all look adorable and like they were enjoying the day forsure.. I especially loved seen Sierra ~

She is a BEAUTY

Janice Silvio

Amore' Miniatures

Gee they are all so beautiful! They looked like they were having a blast. Thanks for posting. Joyce

Thank you all for the nice comments!
default_wub.png

Ferin, They all look adorable and like they were enjoying the day forsure.. I especially loved seen Sierra ~ She is a BEAUTY

Janice Silvio

Amore' Miniatures
Thanks Janice! Sierra is such a special mare, she is beautiful and has an amazing personality to top it off.
default_wub.png
I'm so glad we had the opportunity to purchase her.

Great photos!! I see u like a good moving horse, looks like u have plenty of them. I just love Buddy and drool over him every time u post photos. Wouldnt Buddy like to come visit sunny Florida for 1 breeding season
default_rolleyes.gif
I even have a certain HOF at halter ASPC stallion that Im sure would not mind a visit up your way
default_yes.gif
. Love the eyes on your Lilly, very striking. I could see her out in my pasture, hint hint
default_biggrin.png

I love all your horses but Twister and Buddy are just TOO AWESOME
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
I honestly wish I bought Twister when I had the chance
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wink.png
I think you should stand Buddy
default_whistling.gif

Great Pictures - Thanks for Posting!!
default_biggrin.png

Great photos!! I see u like a good moving horse, looks like u have plenty of them. I just love Buddy and drool over him every time u post photos. Wouldnt Buddy like to come visit sunny Florida for 1 breeding season
default_rolleyes.gif
I even have a certain HOF at halter ASPC stallion that Im sure would not mind a visit up your way
default_yes.gif
. Love the eyes on your Lilly, very striking. I could see her out in my pasture, hint hint
default_biggrin.png
Thanks!
default_wub.png
Yep, good movement is on the top of my priority list when I look at a horse. I would love to have the chance to drive Rio one day!!! He has amazing movement!!!
default_wub.png
I'm sure Buddy would LOVE to come to Florida for a visit sometime.
default_wink.png
And I'm sure my girls wouldn't mind a visit from one of your boys. Buddy will be breeding his first mare this Spring...I'm really looking forward to seeing what he produces.

Hopefully Lilly will end up being a girlfriend for Buddy in a couple years. If she isn't LWO+ we are good to go.
default_wub.png

I love all your horses but Twister and Buddy are just TOO AWESOME
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
I honestly wish I bought Twister when I had the chance
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wink.png
I think you should stand Buddy
default_whistling.gif

Great Pictures - Thanks for Posting!!
default_biggrin.png
Thanks so much!
default_wub.png
Twister is definately a horse that has stolen my heart and he passed that on to his son, as Buddy has also stolen my heart also.
default_wub.png
Buddy may get to have some outside girlfriends in the future once I see what he produces. I can think of a pretty little pinto of yours that I'm sure Buddy wouldn't mind having come down for a visit one day.

Why does Sierra wear boots?
Sierra foundered last September. The vet had us putting frog pads on her which were a pain to have to keep dry and change every week. We found these boots that you can get with a gel insert for foundered horses. They have a padded frog in them that works like the frog pads. And they are so much easier to use and clean. She keeps them on 24/7. Sierra actually had a check-up today and our vet took more xrays of her feet. The xrays showed that with the corrective trimming and the use of these boots her hooves are almost back to normal. After a few more trimmings she'll be 100% back to normal.
default_smile.png

Ferin,

Great pictures. Thought I saw one in there that I reconized? They all look great even in the winter woolies.

Arlene

I love the pictures!!!! We got similar weather up here, but add a couple inches and some ICE (yikes!!!). Great pictures and gorgeous horses
default_wub.png

Just wanted to say again how pretty all your ponies are
default_smile.png
Sure hope Lilly is LWO- for you!

Oh, I gotcha 'bout Sierra. I kinda figured that they were for medical reasons. So to hear that she foundered but I'm really glad to hear that she is on the road to recovering!!!

You sure have a nice colorful group out there for sure. Sierra looks super good and glad she is feeling her oats. Glad you escaped the big snow but I think its coming back! I like the way Lily jumped out of her stall, how cute is that and Tequilla does look kind so tell him I said "ok"
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back