Pictures of Satin!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luv2ridesaddleseat

Reaction score
I haven't gotten any yet here at home, as we are still having a snow storm, but the first picture is Satin 3 years ago, just before I sold her and the second picture is the picture that was sent to me when I saw the add and inquired to see if it was indeed my Satin. Of course I about died! She is at least as thin as she is in the picture. I can see her whole backbone sticking up even under her winter coat. She has such a frantic look in her eye. Not the same sweet calm girl she used to be.

59396a3f.jpg

satin11.jpg

I guess I miss the original post, but I am guessing you got her back home with you now? Poor girl. She is thin, but honestly....in the pic on the bottom at least.....she is not half as thin as I've seen some lately. I have been horse hunting for several months, and they all ( a LOT) seem to be 200-300 lbs under weight. I kid you not. So sad. I hope your girl picks up quickly, I'm sure with all the TLC she will be getting, it wont be a problem.
default_wub.png

edited to add: Isee this pic was not yours and that she is worse off now. Sorry, I obviously can't read.
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Alicia, I see you live in NH too! Satin is home with me and safe now. Yes, I know there are other horses that are worse off in this economy. It's the pits! I've been told the people that had her have had the police called on them for horse abuse. I wonder if I can get any record of that if I call the Police Dept? They also have a Throughbred that is thinner than Satin, I'm told. I noticed this morning, Satin is lame in the back. I'll have to check that out after the snow stops. It's obvious she has been used and abused. Breaks my heart.
default_no.gif

Oh my I saw the post from before, that's shameful! I'm so happy you have her back. Sometimes I just don't understand people and why they do the things they do.

PS where in NH? I live 20 minutes from salem
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor girl. With my post before, I wasn't trying to make her weight seem trivial by stating how others are.....just that she should come back from it fairly easy. Sometimes with email things don't get expressed right, and I didn't want you tho think I was being snarky or anything.
default_wink.png

I would definatly call the police, see what is on record. I would also file a complaint with the state vet.....especially if there is another horse still there. Were the people fallen on hard times, or was it due to neglect? I am sure that would play into your decision. I got a QH gelding last January, he was a fairly big time show horse (WP) and he was hideous when I went to see him. horrible feet, you could see his vertibrea and pelvis. He was low man on the totem pole, her other horses were fat and happy (they were all together in a run in situation) and she was on a tight budget so didnt feed "extra". So, I took him home, got him healthy and found out he's a psycho (LOL, that's another story! ) but it didnt take long with all thehay he wanted and a diet approved by my vet. I think it was 4 months, and you couldn't tell it was the same horse. So, have faith, she will look good shortly. In the mean time, do you blanket her? If not, she might benefit from it right now, so she doesn't use up her energy trying to stay warm. Just a thought.
default_shutup.gif

Does she remember you? I bet she is happy to be in familiar surroundings. Hugs to her....... and you.
default_wub.png
default_luck.gif

Poor girl. She is beautiful in that first picture. In the second picture she looks like she just wants to get away. When was the second picture taken. If she was that bad with green grass on the ground I can only imagine what she looks like now. I hope the lameness isn't a big issue. Hugs and kisses to your sweet girl and I am glad you have her back.

It looks as if she lost muscle tone too.......You are so lucky to be able to get her back.

Oh she is beautiful,

I am glad you found her and got her back.

Blue Seal Vintage Performance is an excellent feed for putting on weight, it is recommended for hard keepers and rescues.

Good luck with her, she will come back with a sparkle in her eye! Kathy

WOW, that is a beautiful mare!!
default_wub.png
No doubt she will be taken care of again and hopefully rebound fully for you. I hope the rear lame issue is something that is just a temp issue for her. Yes, she probably is "frantic" with what she has been experiencing. But love on her and talk to her, she will calm down for you. They do no forget those who love them well ! (or those who treat them wrong)

Please post pics of her in a couple of months.....and her address so I can come steal her!!!!!!
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png

I am so glad she is back home and on her way to great health
default_smile.png

Thank you all for your good wishes! I don't know when that skinny picture was taken, but I'm glad she has a winter coat so I can't see how much worse she looks. She is HUNGRY! I feel bad for starting her slowly on grain, she dives right into it!. I'm giving her hay by the bale, not the flake. She was so sweet today. Almost like she never left. She knows she safe!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
I will never let anything like this happen to her again. Sad thing is, these people starve all their horses. They just don't care. I actually think they have a few minis. I've got to try to get more information. I wish they could put these people in jail, thats where they should be. Now I can't wait for the temps to go up a bit, so I an actually go out and spend some quality time with her!

Poor girl. I'm sure you will have her fat and happy again soon!

Her lameness may be due to her muscle loss. I have a tb who is very tough to keep weight on and last summer dropped the little she had when she went to the trainers while I was out of town. She looked terible when I got back, and had lameness issues all summer. Now she is nice and fat (well, fat for her!) and her lameness problems are gone. Hope this is the case for your girl or that it is something minor.

Joyce, so glad you got her home. She is a really beautiful girl and I'm sure you can bring her back to where she used to be. She just needs a lot of TLC and some groceries!
default_wub.png

I'll never understand how people can do this sort of thing to an animal....

Rebecca

What a lucky girl to have you as her mommy again.She is beautiful
default_wub.png
Joyce

I am happy for both of you that you are together again. The bloom will be back on Satin in no time now that you have her back.

Latest posts

Back