Pictures of our little girl...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horsefeathers

Reaction score
Here our girl this morning... She is so sweet and lovey! She has no problem coming up and wanting a scratch or two.

I have a question, though. The stripe on her back, is that a true dorsal stripe, or just counter shading, her daddy has a dorsal stripe also, but is bay... what about the black "cap" on her rear, it's only on on side

Another question... the silvery gray on her legs, that will eventually change to black, correct. I know bays can be born with the white on her legs, I've just never noticed gray.

Thanks for looking!

Chris

IMAG1112.jpg

IMAG1106.jpg

IMAG1109.jpg

Updated photos added later in post...

Last edited by a moderator:
default_wub.png
she is precious.

her legs looks like frosting that will turn black.

our 2007 AMHA bay pinto filly few days old she the grey/white frosting on her legs

DSC01202-1.jpg

several months old see all the dark on the legs now.She is sold to nice family in LA.

DSC03113-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I figured the gray areas would turn black... I was hoping. What about the dorsal stripe? Is is just countershading? Her sire has it too. We are so proud of this little girl! I just love her little muzzle... it's so tiny and she is just so sweet. We are anxious to see how she grows. Here are picture I took of her today, on her first day outside with mom.

Chris

stretch_ZQ.jpg

IMAG1113.jpg

IMAG1130.jpg

IMAG1118.jpg

She is an adorable filly!

And, yes, I do think the silvery parts of her legs will turn black as she matures.

Congratulations on her
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

I would say Black too

My 2yo Stallion fooled all of us lol :DOH!

He was Born SILVER w/Black Dorsal Stripe

and DNA Testing Proved just a Basic Black/White
default_yes.gif

tazernewborn3.JPG

Latest posts

Back