Pictures of my little stallion.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniCooper

Reaction score
Okay......I think it would be really fun to put him in a show. But I have never shown before. And I am new to the mini horse obsession. I have only had him for a month. These first 2 pics were taken the day before I went to go look at him, they were emailed to me from his previous owner. I felt bad for him....he looked miserable to me.

LowRiderForSale027.jpg

LowRiderForSale021.jpg

And now I have had him for almost a month and this is what he looks like today. Of course he was standing in the rain when I went to get him for pics. And I can't wait for it to warm up so I can give him a bath and get rid of the fuzzies.....but hopefully you get the idea.

DSCF4271.jpg

DSCF4272.jpg

DSCF4273.jpg

I think he looks a ton better now than a month ago....but do you think he will clean up decent?

I see SSOOOOOO many of your absolutely BEAUTIFUL horses as your avatars......it intimidates me. Would something like him even have a chance at a show?

Or am I blinded by how much I have already fallen in love with him?

Don't worry about my feelings being hurt...I would rather you be honest. Please point out what I need to work on with him etc.

I would have to say, he has a spark back in his eye. He sure looks better and happier.

He just needs to be on a good healthy diet, and make his changes in his food slowly.

Little heavy.

Once he has a full body clip you might be surprised what is really under there.

If you can go and watch a couple of shows in your area.

Here we have a lot of fair shows for miniature that is a great place to start and have fun.

The open show classes depends on age, there is jumping must be 3 years and older, obstacle at least 1 year old, halter, colour, costume class, and than down the road you could go into driving must be 3 years old, you and your family can have a lot of fun with him.

Hope this helps you a little and remember to go and just have fun.

Gosh he's cute!! Sorry I can give you a critique, because I have no idea...though I too would like to show someday. He certainly looks a great deal better than before you got him.

He has a pretty head, and very good ears! Small and tight.

IMO - he seems a little short legged to show at regional or national levels in halter, but it could be the photos. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't make a national jumper or driving horse!!

He looks SOO much happier now!

Good for you for taking him under your wing!

You have done an AMAZING job with his coat!! You can come clean horses for me anyday. I know how difficult it is to get those tails white again!

Just put him on a diet (vet supervised) and start giving him some exercise (vet supervised as well) and you'll be amazed how he'll change. What a wonderful look in his eye. He looks so much happier.

Don't forget about Liberty - it's a great class to start with, as long as you can catch him.
default_rolleyes.gif

Don't forget, we all started out somewhere. Our first mini looked like a Thelwell pony. It took along time for him to be able to trot without jiggling!

WOW, what a difference, you did an amazing job!!

As for the showing, go for it. And remember, not all the classes are beauty ones. I have a gleding thats just plain not a halter horse, but always places in the top 3 in hunter and jumper, so there are many possiblities for your guy, just try and see what he and you like.

On a side note, that last picture of your boys head reminds me so much of my gelding, Rhino; they have the same shaped head and the same soft, gentle eye.

You've DONE a great job with him! And he has such a beautiful head with such a soft, kind eye. And LOVE those ears!!
default_wub.png

I agree he needs a diet that will help him keep up the good work you've started but also trim him up a bit. But SLOWLY. You're already on the right track.
default_saludando.gif

He definitely looks MUCH happier now! Way to go. He certainly has a very pretty face. Good job cleaning him up. He does look like he needs to lose some weight, but if you cut back his diet, take it slowly.

I'm not sure but he looks like he could possibly be a little dwarfy? Not sure though it could just be the pictures...and it's amazing how they change with time, the proper diet, and exercise. Even if you don't show him in halter there are plenty of other opportunities for the both of you. Good luck with whatever you decide and keep us posted on his condition
default_smile.png

Thanks for the kind words! I know he is a bit overweight, thats why a few weeks ago I posted about feeding him. He still acts like I am starving him.

His old owners threw out 2 bales of hay a day to feed 10 horses on 10 acres. So I had no idea what to start feeding him.

It is cute now though, since deworming him and cleaning him up he will actually take off running across the pasture and start bucking. Him and my dog will chase each other. Then he will lay down on his side in the grass, almost panting! Poor thing....I don't think he has felt this good in a LONG time! But he's still too fat to do the running part for too long!

And what do you you mean "dwarfy"? Because of how small he is(28 inches)?

What other traits would be considered a dwarf?

I am still learning about all of this.......

I disagree with the dwarfy comment. His back is a tad longer than I'd prefer, but knowing his height is only 28" makes that make sense to me. It's obvious by looking at his length of leg that once his trimmed up his belly and it at a better weight, those legs will seem pretty darn long for such a tiny horse!

lilstarshorses007.jpg

lilstarshorses006.jpg

how cute your guy is and such a great job with him. he looks like my old stallion sporty (your guy has a longer back) sporty is also an exceptional stallion) GOOD LUCK with your guy, you are doing an awesome job with him
default_saludando.gif

I adore this boy and hope you get him gelded
default_wub.png
IMO I do not think that he is a dwarf, but rather just a cute, small mini
default_smile.png
There is one picture that could be questionable, but overall, when looking at the other pictures, nope, not a dwarf to me.
default_saludando.gif

I sure hope you get out and showing this guy
default_wub.png
He is too cute - Try working on more obstacles, jumping, showmanship and liberty.

Latest posts

Back