Pictures of Marbles at the World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverdance

Reaction score
Sandy took these pictures of Marbles at the World Show. WOW!!!!!!

MarblesProfessionalshot1.jpg

MArblesPropfessionalshot2.jpg

Marblesprofessionalshot3.jpg

As you can see, she has the just weaned pot belly going on.

Was she shown??? She must have been a head turner

No, I did not show her this year as she had colic surgery in June, so I just brought her down for people to see and for me to keep an eye on her. I hope to show her next year.

default_wub.png
wow

i am glad she is doing great. i really love this filly.

good luck next year

What a Beautiful filly!!!! That is the most interesting color!

She's So cute.
default_smile.png

Sandy took these pictures of Marbles at the World Show. WOW!!!!!!
MarblesProfessionalshot1.jpg

MArblesPropfessionalshot2.jpg

Marblesprofessionalshot3.jpg

As you can see, she has the just weaned pot belly going on.
Will you show her in Multi color?I am assuming that is where she would be show color wise, but not sure?She sure is striking.Thanks for sharing her with us.Is she the first known ever Mini brindle?I have seen photos of full size brindles in books-Sponenbergs I think but never a Mini.Thanks again.

Will you show her in Multi color?I am assuming that is where she would be show color wise, but not sure?She sure is striking.Thanks for sharing her with us.Is she the first known ever Mini brindle?I have seen photos of full size brindles in books-Sponenbergs I think but never a Mini.Thanks again.
Actually, she will be in the solid color class as she has no white on her at all.

So far, I have found another brindle type horse, a blue rooan with some stripes on her back and neck in Florida and a chestnut pinto with some white drizzels on his back in New Zealand. Others that are really smutty bays with some bar strips and stips on their neck and shoulders which shave off, indicating the color is in the coat. The true brindle has these markings in the skin.

There are some quarterhorses that are brindle and have been bred to produce that coloring. There are no Mini breeding programs to produce the brindle. Marbles was just a fluke as her sire is a smutty buckskin and her dam is a red roan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one from another thread on this board. She's stunning with loads of stripes
default_wub.png
This brindle mini is owned by Brass Rings Minis. I'm sure it's more than coincidence that the brindles have smutty and roan. Very cool.

lullaby3redone.jpg

Here's one from another thread on this board. She's stunning with loads of stripes
default_wub.png
This brindle mini is owned by Brass Rings Minis. I'm sure it's more than coincidence that the brindles have smutty and roan. Very cool.
lullaby3redone.jpg

and here's one of the horse that has stripes that no one knows where they come from. Unlike the ones Riverdance described where the stripes can e removed this one's stripes don't shave off, they're on the skin. He's a bay with smutty and unknown stripes not a brindle not a dun.

unknownozystripes03.jpg

The blue roan is the one I am talking about, her stripes are in the skin. I have some pictures of her in her winter coat and she looks totally black. Darkening up like a roan does, but in the summer or when clipped, her brindle markings show up. The bay, I am not so sure of. I have a smutty bay filly who also has strips like that, but I do not consider her a brindle, just a smutty bay. When you shave her down, the stripes are really hard to see, whereas the one from Florida and Marbles, the strips stand out like a sore thumb.

The smutty horses can have strips, bars, smudges, spots and patches of the smutty color. They really can look unusual, but they are not considered brindles, appaloosas or pintos.

So far, when Marbles had a thicker coat that was over 1" long, she still had all of her markings and her coat was of different textures and some of it curled. It will be interesting to see what it looks like this winter when she has tons of coat. Living up here in Minnesota, she will have quite the coat.

The brindle quarter horses maintain their coat brindle markings at all times. Granted, large horses are almost never shaved down as they shed out smooth. I am in the middle of a research project to find out more about the brindle coat and the dramatic contrast some of the horses have. In the Mini World the roan gene seems to play a part, though not with the one in New Zealand. In the large horse world, it seems to be the smutty gene.

The bay, I am not so sure of. I have a smutty bay filly who also has strips like that, but I do not consider her a brindle, just a smutty bay. When you shave her down, the stripes are really hard to see, whereas the one from Florida and Marbles, the strips stand out like a sore thumb.
That's because they are brindles
default_wub.png

It's cool that mini's can be so unusual and unique.

Marbles is looking good after the scare she gave us all.

I love your avatar with the elephant on the trampoline.
default_biggrin.png

Yea, I am not looking forward to writing this article and the research involved. Especially when it comes to the smutty bays and the fact that some people feel they are brindles. I am starting to feel like I am back in college with a term paper due.
default_no.gif
Don't get me wrong, I love doing the research, just not the writting.

I love your avatar with the elephant on the trampoline.
default_biggrin.png

Yea, I am not looking forward to writing this article and the research involved. Especially when it comes to the smutty bays and the fact that some people feel they are brindles. I am starting to feel like I am back in college with a term paper due.
default_no.gif
Don't get me wrong, I love doing the research, just not the writting.
I'm glad you like my avatar haha me too
default_biggrin.png
. I finally found a name for my farm based on my kids...they both "fly" in their sports (Where They Fly Farm) but then I got scolded by one because of what my initials can also be read as...guess it's too bad that I'm not intune with all the latest txt language hehehe.

...and by the way those pics of Marbles are stunning.

I think the confusion comes because smutty is involved. If I can help you with your paper please let me know. I can answer any questions you have about Ozy my smutty bay. He's very special...very unique but shouldn't be considered a brindle. I'd be more than happy to help if you want pictures or info.
I might take you up on that in the future. Could you send me pictures of your boy clipped and in longer coat?

Until this farm is ready for winter, I really do not have the time to write, but the long winter ahead should give me plenty of time. Then I will need all the help I can get!!

Anyone else want to contribute?

I think the confusion comes because smutty is involved. If I can help you with your paper please let me know. I can answer any questions you have about Ozy my smutty bay. He's very special...very unique but shouldn't be considered a brindle. I'd be more than happy to help if you want pictures or info.
I might take you up on that in the future. Could you send me pictures of your boy clipped and in longer coat?

Until this farm is ready for winter, I really do not have the time to write, but the long winter ahead should give me plenty of time. Then I will need all the help I can get!!

Anyone else want to contribute?
I can send you winter pics....just e-mail me when you are ready for them. I'm afraid you'll have to wait til next spring for clipped pics. I had a computer crash 6 months ago and stupidly hadn't backed my files up so all I had left were pics online that I had to download back to my new computer. I'd be more than happy to supply them next spring...if you're in need before that I could shave one small spot just to show the stripes remain.

and by the way...I know you wanted Marbles to be chimera and I realize the tests still aren't done but...selfishly I'm glad she isn't....I think just like other horses have gone down in history because of their contribution to the breed (and yes I'm talking the likes of Buckeroo etc) I think it would be super cool for Marbles to become the famous matriarc of a line of brindles
default_biggrin.png

I can send you winter pics....just e-mail me when you are ready for them.
Any time you wouldl ike to send them woud be fine. I already hve the pictures from the other brindle, who will be included in the article.

I think it would be super cool for Marbles to become the famous matriarc of a line of brindles
default_biggrin.png
Yes it would be, but not something that will be easy to do and it will take years. I am not getting any younger and do not know how many more years I will be able to do this by myself. I will have to wait until Marbles is 3, then her best chance is to breed her back to her sire. So she will be 4 before she has her first foal. Then there is only a 50/50 chance. Maybe better with her sire.

Oh, why do you have to breed her back to her sire (I'm really not into inbreeding like that myself) ? Is that something the genetics/color experts have suggested? Could you just find an unrelated smutty and get the same result? Have the people breeding brindles found that adding back another smutty into the equation gives you a better chance of getting another brindle?

Latest posts

Back