Picture of Trisket

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

littlehorse2

47b2f018.jpg

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Here she is. SHe's considered a chocolate palomino. She's a sweet heart and we all already love her. Cassidy has nick named her Honey Pie (from Strawberry Shortcake). She's got one brown eye and one blue eye. Very sweet natured. Thank you to everyone involved with getting her here and with putting her well being first. The vet comes out next Wednesday to give a full check up. I'll post more pictures tomarrow night.

Christy
laugh.gif

Last edited:
She is really beautiful and I understand she is doing so much better since she got out of FL. Thank you so much for taking her in and loving her. Looking forward to more pictures of your new baby. Cute little girl too!!!!!

Ginny StP

Last edited by a moderator:
That's my daughter Cassidy holding her. She's almost 6. Her breathing is fine. I had to giver her some of the Breathe Easy formula yesturday morning, but that's all. She seems to be breathing alot better. She was coughing yesturday AM in the barn, so last night we left her out in the small paddock that is attached to the barn with a run in to see if that makes a differance. If it does she'll be out there at night untill it gets really cold then we'll put her in the stall. The stall has a window in it that is open and I might end up leaving it open in the winter for the air flow.

Christy
wub.gif

Last edited:
awww she is just beautiful!! i believe shes a silver bay
smile.gif
they get confused alot of times with choc palominos. im so glad shes breathing better!! and your daughter is a cutie too

Thank you Christy and everyone involved in getting her up north. I am so happy that you all were able to open your hearts and give her a loving home. I will be forwarding the pics of her to my mom
smile.gif
Keep us posted on how she is doing PLEASE
smile.gif

Christy...

She's beautiful!! It looks like the weather is going to be a help to her.

Bless you and your family for taking her in. Looks like that beautiful

daughter and Trisket are going to be best "pals". Every horse needs to

own a child
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Please keep us posted on how she does and we all "LOVE" pictures....

Yes the cool weather has helped her alot so far. We kept her outside in our pen near the house that is attached to the barn with a run in. It also is right next to my other 2 minis stall. So they all got aqainted last night with no problems. My mom said she didn't hear any squeling or anything like that. She hasn't coughed to dat at all yet which is good. Her pen is in the shade so she doesn't over heat. My son says it's his pony!!! He's going to be 3 in October. He won't walk the other 2 minis, but he has already lead Trisket around. I've got a picture of that on my mom's camera which I'll post tonight. I'll keep everyone updated on how she is. I'll probably post something every day.

Christy
wub.gif

Last edited:
Definitely NOT a Palomino, of any sort!! I think she's a Silver (Dapple) Black, Kay, rather than Bay. So glad she arrived safe for you!!

rabbitsfizz said:
Definitely NOT a Palomino, of any sort!!  I think she's a Silver (Dapple) Black, Kay, rather than Bay.  So glad she arrived safe for you!!
463928[/snapback]

I'm not sure if she's just dirty, but the hair on her spine is the color of a palomino. My other mini is a silver something? I don't know much about colors. Could you look at my other mini the one named Silverbell and tell me what color you think she is?

Thanks,

Christy

Silverbelle is also a Silver (Dapple) Black- you take the base colour- Black- and add the colour- ie Silver Bay, Silver Black, Silver (Dapple) Black. Some people and some registries call all Silvers "Dapples" This is fine if they have Dapples- as yours do. It is confusing if, as my stallion and one of my two Silver foals this year- they have NO Dapples!!! Trisket may, as Kay said, be Silver Bay- which means she will be Silver + Black + Agouti (the factor that turns Black into Bay) This also means she could have a Bay foal!! Silver does not show on Red so she cannot be a silver palomino!! If she were a Palomino she could hide Silver!! Oh isn't this fun?? Anyway she is a very pretty mare, Bless you for taking her in and caring for her!!

rabbitsfizz said:
Silverbelle is also a Silver (Dapple) Black- you take the base colour- Black- and add the colour- ie Silver Bay, Silver Black,  Silver (Dapple) Black.  Some people and some registries call all Silvers "Dapples"  This is fine if they have Dapples- as yours do.  It is confusing if, as my stallion and one of my two Silver foals this year- they have NO Dapples!!!  Trisket may, as Kay said, be Silver Bay- which means she will be Silver + Black + Agouti (the factor that turns Black into Bay) This also means she could have a Bay foal!! Silver does not show on Red so she cannot be a silver palomino!!  If she were a Palomino she could hide Silver!!  Oh isn't this fun?? Anyway she is a very pretty mare, Bless you for taking her in and caring for her!!
464203[/snapback]

Trisket did have a bay foal this year when she was bred to a black and white paint. Silverbell's dad is a chestnut and white paint and her mom is almost the same color as she is. Silverbell's grandma is a chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail. Thanks for the info.

Christy

Latest posts

Back