pics of the boys!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintponylvr

Reaction score
The granddaughters are visiting, they've helped me feed and we've turned the boys loose. They put on a nice show for us - including a nice jump while running, and also two of them running into each other when one turns short and the other slams into him - caught on camera!

14sep14mix695.jpg

14sep14mix690.jpg

Close up of Dandy and Ranger

14sep14mix690a.jpg

14sep14ec690.jpg

14sep14wi676.jpg

Cupid trotting

14sep14cu683.jpg

Thanks!!

I haven't gotten many good pics this year at all. These were a pleasant surprise when I downloaded the camera once we got in from chores.

Can I ask you a question that you've probably answered before? what are the orange tags on their collars? are they just like dog tags in case they get out or something?

Can I ask you a question that you've probably answered before? what are the orange tags on their collars? are they just like dog tags in case they get out or something?
Danielleee - They are actually cattle ear tags marked w/ their names and stitched to their collars. The names are marked using a "paint" marker. the oldest ones are now 3 weeks "on" the ponies and they seem to be working. The heat, humidity and pony sweat have not worn the names off. It has helped my boarder (who feeds but not regularly, and our family - who are no longer involved day to day w/ the ponies) to remember the 22 purebred shetlands and match them to the proper buckets for feeding. It does also "mark them" if they get out - but I need to figure out how to get the "paint marker" to write smaller o fit full phone number on the backside of the tag. These also had permethrin in them - though w/o having them "thru the ears" as they would be on a cow/steer/bull - they didn't work nearly as well as I was hoping...

Here's a close up shot -

14sep12fl621.jpg

14sep12cli618.jpg

Latest posts

Back