Pics of Knight Star and other stuff

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I took some of these pics today to share. Knight Star doesn't appear to be a true black anymore. Not sure what he is, but Sheryl is suspecting there's a creme gene in the background someplace. He's so classy and flashy I love it. His sire and dam both are true black and white pinto, but Knight is turning more into a smokey black. Knight also looks so mature for a 4 month old and now measures at 28". I think he looks a lot like a miniature thoroughbred. I recently put him up for sale. Timmy thinks that's a great idea. I'm already loweing his price because Timmy can't stand him and we all know that Timmy's the boss of me and whatever he wants he gets.

Just look at these legs!

KightStarrunningJuly.jpg

Here's his pretty face

KnightStarcloseup.jpg

I love his markings

KnightStarJune1.jpg

Here he is getting ready to launch another attack on Timmy. Knight Star is saying "ah, easy prey, I can take him." I turn them out together in the mornings but Timmy is scared to death of him. Knight chases him and Timmy runs away from him in a panic! He got underneath Timmy's tummy last week and air lifted him and flipped him over backwards somehow and Timmy went flying and landed on his side. It's pititful, but it sure makes me laugh. I told Timmy, "paybacks are heck"

KnightStarandTimmyinfield.jpg

This is a picture of a "Memory Wall" that I'm working on in the barn. You all know how I love to decorate out there so I've put up the boy's horse show awards and plaques abd medals that they won when they were little guys and a picture of all their friends that they used to show with. I added a bouquet of flowers since Michael loved flowers and also a poem called "A Mother's Love".....It's hard to see but in the 2nd picture at the far right, I saved thier first pony bridles that they had and also I found Michael's horse's halter from his horse Classic Action in his room, under his bunch of pillows, so I hung that up in the middle of the pony bridles. I have much more to do with it and more pictures yet to add and also I had a poster size picture made up that I"ll hang out there too. Michael's presence is all over that barn and since that's where I spend most of my days, I love it.

barnwall.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
marty he looks great and i love your memory wall!!! but i do believe hes a bay pinto. sure looks like it in the pics

He is looking mighty fine! Hope you get a good price for him.

JJay

Ash some of that is sun fade you are right and we know a true black won't fade like that.

Also in the last picture he looks very brown but that is because I lightend up the picture a lot in my photo workshop because I was standing in the wrong direction to take the picture. His color is the color that you see in the first two pictures and it's more of a smokey color. He was never a pitch black at all even when he was born he looked to me to be charcoal grey. Sheryl found some brown however on his knee caps so that's why she is thinking mealy or a creme gene someplace

He is looking mighty fine! Hope you get a good price for him.

Money is nice and very useful around here but a good home is more important to me. Timmy is already packing his bags for him! hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Marty, he is so beautiful! Love that head shot! I am not sure of his color, he could be sun faded! If he is bay tho that would be great! those are my faves!

Love the memory wall! Great idea for barns! I wish I had a barn big enough to do that!

Take care, Sheila

Marty, Knight Star sure is a beauty, and your memory wall brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful tribute.

He does look beautiful, especially in that last picture. BUT, if both parents were true Blacks, he CANNOT be a Bay. True Blacks are not necessarily very black at birth. Many are a charcoal gray color and then blacken with time.

Hope you find him a good home. Did I also see an ad for Timmy a few days ago? I know too many little colts can be overwhelming.

Marty

Hey there, Knight Star looks super. I too think he is a black pinto. I don't know much

on the smokey blacks. But our baby the black leopard was not black black when born.

But after the first attempt at clipping her, she is becoming more black now. So he could

be a black pinto.

Yep, I can see Timmy packing his bags. I know I got several here, that keep the others

bags pack too. I keep telling them, Gabriel is not going any where, no way no how. So leave

his bags along.

I know you will find the right home for Knight Star, and Timmy will be happy, being the big

man of the house. But will he be back to tipping the cows again??

I have so missed you on this forum.

Vicky

There he is! Man I love that boy Marty! He could come up here and visit in NY? Good home...
default_wink.png
:

Marty,

I don't know what color he is, but he sure is HANDSOME. I love the memory wall! You do such a GREAT job with stuff like that, you're sooo creative. Very nice.

HUGS and PRAYERS

Jodi

Both of your boys are very pretty, Marty!!....OOOPPPSS...I mean Handsome. :eek:

I think Knight Star does look bay pinto to me too, but pictures are so hard to judge color by.

Love your memory wall too...you think of the neatest things. You have a big creative "gene" in you!!
default_wub.png
:

Oh My Marty, Knight Star is handsome also...No wonder Timmy wants him gone..he's drop dead gorgeous and all the girls will be falling all over him..Your Memory Wall is beautiful.

Marty,

Knight Star is just gorgeous! He has such of a pretty head and color to go with it. I agree with zacharyfarms - "No wonder Timmy wants him gone!"

LOVE your Memory Wall! I have a Memory Wall in my house also and it is very comforting.

I don't need another horse, but I'll take Knight Star if you just HAVE to find a GOOD home for him. He really is a beauty. Nice of you to share your memory wall with us. What great healing ideas you have. You need to write a book.
default_yes.gif
:

Your memory wall is a very touching idea and I'm glad it helps you since you are in the barn so much.

I'm glad to see you posting again now and then. We miss you but understand.

Knight star is a gorgeous boy!
default_yes.gif
:

I have a few black horses, and some of them do fade in the sun (all black, no cream genes) so I think it just depends on the horse.

Your memory wall is a wonderful idea, Marty.
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back