Pic of where Faith came from

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph_D

Reaction score
I hope it's ok to post this, if not I'll understand if it's removed. The pic's a little fuzzy because I had the zoom on, but you can tell the kind of place that Faith came from. The red arrow is pointing to the tree that she was tied to, about 4 feet from the front door, and the blue tarps on the roof used to be her "shelter". They actually built a pen for the new horse so when I drove by, I couldn't see anything but it's head. It's farther away from the highway, now. I couldn't even tell how big the pen was. The guy told me yesterday that he didn't want to get another horse, but his wife insisted on it :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
:new_2gunsfiring_v1: :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Maybe they will do better with this horse. :no: At least we can hope.

At least you have Faith or better yet she has you!!!!

:no: WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR THE NEW HORSE. :no:

HOW ARE THEY ABLE TO TIE A HORSE TO A TREE(IS THE NO LAWS AGAINST THAT) WITHOUT BEENING IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW?

MELISSA

Thanks for the link, Marilyn, I'd actually found it last night, but it is helpful for others to have it as well.

These two parts are the main ones that applied to Faith.

(1) "Adequate care", normal and prudent attention to the needs of an animal, including wholesome food, clean water, shelter and health care as necessary to maintain good health in a specific species of animal;
(2) "Adequate control", to reasonably restrain or govern an animal so that the animal does not injure itself, any person, any other animal, or property;
IMO, she was NOT given adequate care and control. To tie a horse and not allow them to even lie down is inhumane. The only times she got to "stretch her legs" was when they'd tie her to a tree down the highway to get green grass. The sheriff was called twice and they came out the second time. Apparently they didn't see anything wrong with her. I called the humane society and to my knowledge, they never came out. The problem with the police here, as far as horses go, is that they have no where to take them when they're confiscated (sp?). When we had that big draft horse wander up here, they came out but said as long as we were fine with him staying here, that was great because they didn't have anywhere to take him or even transport him. Even with dogs, there's no control. Our town has a "dog catcher", but he only works one day a week, for a few hours. That doesn't help any. We have 28 police officers for our town of about 1000 residents, and not one of them can work as an animal control agent :no:

Faith is one lucky horse.God bless you.Keep us up to date. :aktion033: :aktion033: :saludando:

Latest posts

Back