People who sell minis for riding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinaJeff

Reaction score
I have been seeing many people listing minis for sale on Craigslist. The minis look VERY small and yet they are advertising them as great for kids to ride! It would be very easy for some uneducated parent to be convinced of this. I would LOVE to post something on there to educate parents as to what rider weight restrictions are appropriate for a particular "horse" size or refer them to any site that may exist that would do so. I have yet to find anything. Can anyone help? By the photos I see on CL it looks like some of the minis are dwarfs. I can't sit by and do nothing. I generally see one of these per week!

I acknowledge that people use the word mini very loosely and I also acknowledge that it is hard to tell from a photo how small these wee ones actually are but I am still convinced there's a lot of inappropriate selling going on.....

I was looking on my areas CL a few hours ago for some horse supplies, and saw a mini that looked SUPER tiny. I just tried looking it up again and couldn't find it, but it showed 4 different photos. In one there was a kid who looked about 8 or 9 in the saddle and the kid's feet were nearly touching the ground! The ad also started he had been used for pony rides but gets sore after awhile. Well... YEAH!!!
default_no.gif

On a positive note, I was happy to see one ad for minis that the seller came right out and said not to bother calling if you are looking for something for your small kids to ride.

Sorry for the vent

Latest posts

Back