People who enjoy reading

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow! Thats a lot of books in a series! By the time the last one is written, it will be just like saying goodbye to a dear friend. Isn't JD Robb one of Nora Roberts' pen names? Or am I thinking of someone else? I love series, as long as they flow really well with each other and the storyline stays "fresh".

Yes, that's her!
default_yes.gif

I just started a new series (The Negotiator Trilogy) by C.E. Murphy. It's a paranormal fantasy type. I wasn't sure I'd really care for it, but I'm getting ready to start the second book and I'm hooked!

I keep getting caught up in shorter series. I've been hording that JD Robb set for a long time!!!

Right now, I'm on these Victoria Laurie books about Abby Cooper, who is a psychic detective. They're really light and fun! Then when I was on Audible last night, I saw she has a ghost detective series, too, and it was on sale... So, you know where that leaves my iPhone (more books!).

AFTER these (right?), the new Reichs and Cornwell books, and the coming Evanovich one, maybe then it's time for the JD Robb ones! I want to get through the shorter series and the updates so I can just get into all of hers (so far) at once. Series are so much fun because you can just finish one and start another w/o losing touch with the main characters.

Seriously, though, this hobby has put a huge dent in my TV time LOL
default_biggrin.png

I totally understand what you're saying! I have the Stephanie Plum Series up till book 18, including the go-between books, but I haven't started them yet. I'm the kind of person who has to read a series from the first book to the last book in one continuous flow, so I can't start a series until all the books have been written. Waiting months to see what happens next is not fun to me, especially since I read paperbacks and have to wait even longer for those to be released.
default_sad.png

Books have depleted alot of my tv watching time too, along with my funds. Lol

I just wanted to let you all know that we have a new book forum on Lil Beginnings now called The Reading Circle.
default_smile.png
Hopefully, we can start a book club, have contests, and just enjoy anything "reading-related" on there. And of course, I am open to suggestions if you have them. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm reading Barefoot Sisters Southbound . It is well worth the read about two sisters hiking southbound through the Appalachian Train from Maine to Georgia. Very interesting. I am almost finished with it and I see they have another book Barefoot Sisters Walking Home , I think I may have to read that one too.
I was glad to see that someone else besides me has read this book. I loved it. I wound up reading this because my daughter actually hiked the entire Appalachian Trail....from Georgia to the top of Mt. Katahdin in Maine......a thru hiker which to me is absolutely amazing! 2,184 miles. I would be dead after 184. LOL! Anyway the sisters mentioned writing another book and I am glad to see it out. I can't wait to read it! Thanks for the heads up!

I totally understand what you're saying! I have the Stephanie Plum Series up till book 18, including the go-between books, but I haven't started them yet. I'm the kind of person who has to read a series from the first book to the last book in one continuous flow, so I can't start a series until all the books have been written. Waiting months to see what happens next is not fun to me, especially since I read paperbacks and have to wait even longer for those to be released.
default_sad.png

Books have depleted alot of my tv watching time too, along with my funds. Lol
You are going to love that series. I have read the entire series, up to 18. Be ready to laugh out loud a lot!

Those who read the Stephanie Plum series (I have -- including the "inbetweens"), have you read the Diesel series? I like that one a lot, too. Only two full novels so far (ties in with the "inbetweens"), but really good. I think it would apeal to most people who also love Stephanie Plum
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back