Pedigree

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

circlec

Reaction score
Can any of you tell me anything about any of the horses on my two's papers, or if you can go back any farther on them than what I have? I just got them and they are prety much my first minis. I had one before, but didn't have him long. I don't know anything about mini bloodlines and was curious. I'm an avid AQHA bloodline and performance researcher, but minis........ I HAVE NO IDEA ...

So, I'm gonna :lol: and let yall take the show.......

1.) CTS Last Chance

2.) CTS Illusive Shades

Last edited by a moderator:
the first one has Shadow Oaks Paul Buyan, I recognize that one, and Bond, that's pretty good. There a bit of a ways back though. The second one...I don't know much about the Ohio's horses, but I think they were pretty good.

Congrats on getting minis, we'd love to see pics!

the first one has Shadow Oaks Paul Buyan, I recognize that one, and Bond, that's pretty good. There a bit of a ways back though. The second one...I don't know much about the Ohio's horses, but I think they were pretty good.

Congrats on getting minis, we'd love to see pics!
I only have what the previous owner gave me (picture wise) and they arent the best, but I'll post them anyways.

I really need to do something about Shades (the blk & wht's) weight....... I cut his grain out and he is on hay and pasture right now. I'm going to start lunging him and getting him in shape. Then, slowly bring the grain back in and decrease the hay. He's WAY too fat!

The 2 on the right are mine....... Shade and Chance. The sorrel is not mine.

shade1-1.jpg

You can really see how overweight shade is in this one:

shade.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadow Oaks Paul Bunyan is the only one that really sticks out to me ..here is a link to a picture of him.

The others i reconize, hobby horse ...ohio and bond of course. Bond are known for their heads, beautiful heads all the way down the line really if you look at them. A little more havier built but still, a bloodline i personally like more for broodmares bc the bond horses tend to be (imo) build wider and more qh in style almost. The ohio bloodline is more of a 'background bloodline', it was popular back in the day but i'd say its one that is more pushed aside.

Google pics of Bunyan and you will easily find some. He has plenty of sons that were very successful btw. He is one of my faverite sires so i had to reply. Beautiful long tail on him (if im thinking of the right horse?)

Ta,

Leeana

Shadow Oaks Paul Bunyan is the only one that really sticks out to me ..here is a link to a picture of him.

The others i reconize, hobby horse ...ohio and bond of course. Bond are known for their heads, beautiful heads all the way down the line really if you look at them. A little more havier built but still, a bloodline i personally like more for broodmares bc the bond horses tend to be (imo) build wider and more qh in style almost. The ohio bloodline is more of a 'background bloodline', it was popular back in the day but i'd say its one that is more pushed aside.

Google pics of Bunyan and you will easily find some. He has plenty of sons that were very successful btw. He is one of my faverite sires so i had to reply. Beautiful long tail on him (if im thinking of the right horse?)

Ta,

Leeana

Does anyone have any other suggestions (other than lunging) to get some weight off shade?

Latest posts

Back