Pasta Recipes Thread...please contribute

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
I am having to take everything out of the kitchen cabinets since the hot water heater leak damage we are getting new floor in the kitchen, family room, and hallway...and get new cabinets aaand countertops. Bye, bye country blue. Wow, I was not expecting this. Anyway, I am clearing out the cabinets and drawers. I have sooooooooooo many cookbooks and recipes. I came across a recipe that has been a long time favorite of mine for lasagna so I thought I would start a pasta recipe thread.

Look forward to contributions from everyone! THE BEAUTY OF THIS ONE IS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO BOIL THE LASAGNA SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT BREAKING.

LASAGNA EZ

In dutch oven or heavy pot saute:

1 c chopped onion

1 bell pepper

2 t butter

Add:

1 1/2 lb lean ground beef (browned)

1 t seasoned salt

1 Accent

1/2 t black pepper

1 T sugar

Stir in:

28 oz diced tomatoes

15 o tomatoe sauce

2 c water

1 envelope McCormick spaghetti sauce with mushrooms

Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Using a 13 x 9 x 2 pan alternate layers of the mixture and uncooked lasagna noodles. Top with mozarella cheese (grated or sliced). Make sure noodles are well covered by the sauce. Cover the pan with foil and seal the edges. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Cut and serve. Yummy and easy!

I should be embarrassed to call this a "recipe"! But it's very good, and very easy... I think many of you would like it as much as H and I do.

I just take some chicken sausage -- I like the sweet ones, either "apple" or "sweet Italian" and dice up the links. I sauté them in a skillet with a little olive oil, and then I open a couple jars of red pasta sauce (we like Classico Caramelized Onion & Roasted Garlic). Put the jarred sauce and the sausage in the crock pot together on low for however long. I do add Splenda to the sauce, but don't tell H. He loves it but if he knew, he'd think it was too sweet.

It goes great w/ a salad and bread, of course, and we like it over Linguine
default_eat.gif

Another easy one I learned here from our own MA is to just put some butter and Parmesan cheese on hot, prepared pasta. Can't ask for easier and it's a great comfort food!!! If you want to dress it up... parsley flakes, a salad, and invite company LOL
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I do a Mediterranean type dish.

Chicken sausage with the asiago cheese and spinach in it sausage is optional, but I found this type really compliments the dish)

Roasted red peppers, either jarred or make your own on the grill or under the broiler

Fresh skinned/seeded red tomatoes diced up (2-3 ) or dice drained canned ones work too

Sliced black olives

1 cup olive oil

1/2 tsp onion powder +/-

1/2 tsp garlic powder +/-

1/2 tsp salt + or -

1/4-1/2 tsp pepper

1/4 cup parsley fresh or 2big tablespoons dry

Don't skimp on the seasoning, add more if you like!

12-16 oz pack of pasta

Optional add ins.....grilled squash or zucchini, grilled chicken breast, shrimp or lobster.

Onions do not work well, they overwhelm the flavor.

Boil pasta

Sear off sausage, usually this type of sausage is precooked. Sear it off in a pot big enough for all ingredients. Let it begin to Carmelize then add the olive oil, stir, then put on low, all the other ingredients are already cooked and will get very mushy if you leave it turned up.

Add your tomatoes, roasted peppers, black olives (trust me, they are very tasty in this dish) and all the seasoning. You want this to taste

Ike there is almost too much seasoning at this point, once you add the cooked pasta it evens everything out. Drain pasta, add it together and you're done.

Another is like yours Jill, pasta and parm but add sour cream salt and pepper, egg noodles work best. It is so much better than it sounds!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill and Carolyn,

Those sound yummy. I will have to try them once life as I knew it resumes.
default_yes.gif
Meanwhile, I am headed to my microwave which is sitting on a small table in the living room to nuke a pasta dish I bought at Big Lots. At least this brand I discovered is going to be my new $1.50 meal to have on hand at work. It is good! An added perk to my situation: I am finding out which microwave foods I like (or not).

I know - I never measure recipes, but one one of my favorites to make is soooo simple and easy. Linguini (fresh made is of course the best), fresh chopped basil, fresh chopped garlic, diced tomatoes and clams (fresh is best, but canned can work if needed). Sprinkle with romano cheese - it's light and refreshing and o-so good!

Liz N.

I know - I never measure recipes, but one one of my favorites to make is soooo simple and easy. Linguini (fresh made is of course the best), fresh chopped basil, fresh chopped garlic, diced tomatoes and clams (fresh is best, but canned can work if needed). Sprinkle with romano cheese - it's light and refreshing and o-so good!

Liz N.
Sounds good!

Latest posts

Back