Parent Qualified

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverRidgeMinis

Reaction score
We have a colt to regiester with AMHA and we want to get him parent qualified. His sire is parent qualified already and the mare has only DNA. When we send in for his registeration papers, should we go ahead and ask for the DNA kit for him? He is only 5 months old. Will he automatically be parent qualified or do we have to ask for that in particular when we send the hair for the DNA? Is there a separate fee for parent qualified? I looked at the work order form for AMHA but I didn't see anything on it for parent qualified?

Sorry if my questions sound silly but I have never tried to parent qualify a horse.

Thanks,

Freida

As you know, DNA costs $41.oo. There is no additional charge for PQ. They are supposed to start automatically PQing foals from parents that have been DNAed, but I don't know exactly when they are going to start that. It won't hurt to request it when you send in for the kit. On the REQUEST FOR DNA SAMPLING FORMS, there is a place to mark if you want PQ. If you want it shown on the Registration Certificate, you need to request the kit when you send in the registration application. Under registration number, just put "pending". Good luck.

You can download all the AMHA (and AMHR) forms as PDF files.

AMHA's you can even fill out then print (not save though). Check the box on the DNA form for PQ. I can't wait until it's mandatory as DNA without PQ is basically useless.

Latest posts

Back