PARADE!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueEyedPony

Reaction score
Well, there never seems to be a dull moment now that we've moved to the new farm! This weekend, the Fireman's Field Days Parade started RIGHT in front of our driveway....we couldn't miss out on that! The boys were AWESOME (with a little help from some home-made ear plugs....those antique car horns, ambulance sirens, and fire truck sirens are LOUD...not to mention the marching band that warmed up across the street from our house :new_shocked: ). Duncan's been having a bit of trouble adjusting to driving on the road as opposed to a field or arena (ie refusing to do anything but walk), but luckily our late nights of practice for the past week paid off! Here are our pictures from last night. Duncan is driving, and Kinder is being led by my boyfriend's mom, Katie. The little guy with us is my boyfriend's nephew, Ethan. Hope you enjoy...I sure did!

Getting ready:

Parade9.jpg

Parade8.jpg

Heading out the driveway:

Parade6.jpg

Parade5.jpg

Driving in the parade:

Parade4.jpg

Parade2.jpg

Heading home:

Parade1.jpg

Thanks for looking! :aktion033:

-Nikki

Lovely! Looks like way too much fun! I would love to have joined you!Where do you get your horsey ear plugs? I'd like to get my horses used to them also for parades around here are always so loud with fire engine sirenes and the like.

Love the young man that joined you too.

Maxine

Hey, there's the KINDERDOODLE! Duncan looks amazing Nikki! As do you, love the hat! You sound so happy and the boys looked great! I'm so glad you shared, kiss the boy for me!

Lovely pictures and story! It loooks like 'Duncan'? took to the parade with flying colors! Such a pretty turnout you made!

Thank you for sharing

Charlotte

I love it!! Every one looks right smart and having a good time.

Nice to meet another person that likes hats!

I love your pictures... I sure miss living in a small town with all the fun stuff that goes on..
default_yes.gif
:

You all look like you had a lot of fun... !! :bgrin

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Thanks for all the replies!

MInx-I made the ear plugs from sheet cotton, cut into 2" by 2" squares and rolled. Worked great once I figured out how to get them to fit so they wouldn't fly out every time the boys shook their heads!
default_wacko.png
:

I bet people there was alot of smiles on peoples faces when you drove by :bgrin

It looks like you live in a very beautiful area.

[SIZE=10pt]What fun! I really look forward to the parades, eather riding the biggie or leading the mini's. How neat was that - that the parade started in front of your place! :aktion033: Thanks for sharing,[/SIZE]

Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
Back