Parade Ponies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsyMoonMinis

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Im rather new here, though I've been a lurker for some time. My mom (rubyviewminis) asked me to share my photos of my girls and the horses for this years city parade. The theme was clowning around, so we dressed them all up. It wasn't until later that they reminded me of My Little Ponies with the shapes painted on thier hindquarters. A week after this parade was the county fair, which both of my girls compete in. I was worried the poster paint we used wouldn't come off, but it did with out an issue (it was crayola non toxic, washable finger paint). IN addition to that, the little grey paint gelding was new at our house, my parents had just driven him to me from Nevada (im in montana) a week before! I had no idea how he would react, but I didn't want to leave him home alone either. He sported the hat like a champ and never batted an eye. The parade was pretty wild, with the usual sirens and Al Bedo shriners, but there was also much pre-parade chaos with a car accident and wild horses all over. Great fun though and the horses were the stoic little gems they are known to be. Here they are!

HHH Surprise Supereyes, better known as Prize, 2 yr old grey? pinto gelding

1.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

My youngest and her horse Mariner's Flicka, 20 yr old silver bay mare

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

9.jpg

My oldest and her horse Designers Touch Shez Spunky Too, yearling sorrel? pinto

10.jpg

11.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

The jury is still out on what color exactly Prize and Spunky are... but thats another thread ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are great. We do lots of parades too and I know how hard it is getting everyone so pretty and you nailed it!! They look great...I soooo looovvveee the braids. The pom poms on their legs was a great touch!!

Heidi

That is TOO CUTE !! You are very creative with the costumes. It's always fun to see pictures, thanks for sharing.

You did a fantastic job with their costumes! :)

Prize looks wonderful and how neat to see his pretty blue eyes again! :)

Susan O.

I must add that Horsehug bred and sold the blue eyed gelding Prize. He is so smart and loves tricks, so my daughter is teaching them all jumps and tricks, besides working fulltime 7 days a week, going to school, raising 3 children, and coming up with projects for the 4-H kids with the minis. I couldn't believe how cute and precious she and the girls decorated the horses for the parade. But then she is also an artist in her spare minutes! She always had a knack for grooming for show and costuming (is that a word?) horses.

Proud mom and gma
default_wub.png

Parades are so much fun! You did a super job getting your little minis all clowned up for the parade. I bet they were a crowd pleaser and got lots of attention.
default_biggrin.png

Everyone looks great!
default_aktion033.gif
Thanks for sharing your good time!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It was so much fun. Im hoping that next year the 4H group we are involved in can hit alot of the local parades.

Latest posts

Back