Paperwork Questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
It always seems as soon as I get one question solved, another one pops up. Please bear with me. 

1. "THIS TRANSFER WIL BE INVALID IF ALTERED IN ANY WAY" - What exactly are they pertaining to on the application for transfer? I had to white out the name I chose for him because I mispelled it, does this mean I have to contact the previous owner and get a new one?
  2. When registering a horse, do they do by their actual birthdate or do they just go by Jan. 1st of each year being a horse's birthdate like in racehorses?
  3. Is there a fee for sending in a stallion service report?
  4. "By special standing rule, effective July 1st 2009 through December 31st 2010 AMHA is offering coupons to be used to reinstate horses that have revoked papers. Coupon use is not mandatory and all AMHA registration fees still apply. If you would like to use one of these FREE, Limited Time Coupons click on the applicable link below:" --> What exactly is AMHA talking about?
Also, I am wanting to fill out transfer forms for all my horses so that incase I was hurt/killed my parents could have the horses brought under their ownership - do I just leave the date section blank for them to fill out if the time ever came? This is to prevent all my horses becoming "grade" since I could not sign transfer papers over to a new owner due to death. 
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. "THIS TRANSFER WIL BE INVALID IF ALTERED IN ANY WAY" - What exactly are they pertaining to on the application for transfer? I had to white out the name I chose for him because I mispelled it, does this mean I have to contact the previous owner and get a new one?

YES

2. When registering a horse, do they do by their actual birthdate or do they just go by Jan. 1st of each year being a horse's birthdate like in racehorses?

ACTUAL BIRTH DATE

3. Is there a fee for sending in a stallion service report?

AMHR - no cost (unless it is late...then it is $25 penalty plus a charge per mare-can't remember the amount); AMHA - $10 per stallion DUE JAN 15!

Legally you can draw a single line through what is wrong and initial it. That indicates that an error was made and you corrected it. Do not use white-out.

The January 1st birthday is used for competition aging.

[SIZE=10pt]On paperwork I recently turned in, the seller had signed on the wrong line. I called AMHA and they told me to do the correction, then initial, as ruffian said. When in doubt, call the office; they are always so helpful! [/SIZE]

Another amazing things about the two registries, is I usually have to call them after 3pm on Friday, and someone is still in the office!!!

As for filling out the transfer forms, in case of your death. that is another question I would ask the office. I think it's great that you thought of that!

Latest posts

Back