papers in the mail

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appymini

Reaction score
Northern Ontario Country( where it is winter 11mon
I sent Registation papers to the new owners .In regular mail 2 weeks ago. Should I be really worried that they got lost in the mail at this time frame.? Usually I send them Registered. But I haven`t been feeling well. so put them in the mailbox instead. It has me worried as the new owner isn`t being too nice about it.Has anyone else had to wait weeks for them sent in the mail?

Umm I hate to say it, but two weeks is a long time for mail in this day and age. If worse comes to worse, all you have to do is apply for duplicates. It's not too expensive. $10 I think..

Ginny

I see your from Northern Ontario... Where did you have to mail them to? Now and then, even in this day and age of "fast" service there are slow weeks. I live in Montana and my sister lives in Arizona; it's takes a day or two difference in travel time, depending on which way mail is travelling. [Can't remember which direction is faster, but I've noticed post marks; and if I send something important, I send an e-mail or call to see if it's arrived.]

Depending on where the papers were going, it's possible it could take 2 weeks; that's getting to the end of the limit though. I've found the mail sort of goes in cycles; you'll get fast delivery at times, then it becomes very slow, and it doesn't seem to matter which way the mail is going, if it's slow, it's slow to anywhere. There was one week the end of June when I waited 9 days for a letter from Alberta; about that same time I mailed an envelope down to Arkansas & it took 10 days to get there. A couple weeks later I mailed another envelope to Arkansas & it got there in about 1/2 that time. Likewise, in a good week mail comes & goes from here to Alberta, or from Alberta to here, in 4 days. I've had paperwork arrive from AMHR after only 5 days in the mail, and other times it's been a full 2 weeks in the mail. We've had mail take 5 days to get from Winnipeg to Brandon, and that's only a 2 hour drive. :new_shocked:

I'd be inclined to wait 3 weeks & then send for duplicate papers. I guess the buyer won't like it, but if they're lost in the mail there's not much else you can do.

[SIZE=12pt]I wouldn't panic yet. I went through the same thing at the beginning of the year. The Buyer was understandably worried, but stuck with me and the papers eventually arrived, more than 3 WEEKS after the postdate on the envelope! All address information was right and there was no reason for such a delay. I'm waiting on a parcel post package from an E-bay auction right now....grrr...$8.00 shipping for a light item and and she shipped it parcel post. I'm not too happy about that!
default_sad.png
[/SIZE]

Yes, from Ontario to the states it can take at least 3 weeks. I usually send normal mail to the AMHR office & it will take 10 days to 2 weeks & takes even longer coming back. BUT -- if you send registered mail -- they can only track to when it crosses the border -- so really does not help much.

Now, if there are registration papers included, I usually send it by priority post which SHOULD get there within 2 days but count on 5.

I agree to wait one more week and see if they come back to you for some reason... (I have had that take as long as a MONTH) Or to see if they show up. I had a letter one time take 12 days to go 35 miles!!!! Yikes!! :new_shocked:

Speaking of mail coming back to you--had that happen too--I mailed something off & figured it would be at its destination within 10 days. Two weeks after I mailed it, it showed up back in my mailbox for postage due. It was a plain letter, going overseas, & I'd taken it to the post office to have the right postage put on it, & I guess they weighed it wrong. Eesh, I never thought it would take two weeks for our postal service to figure out that it needed an extra stamp--I thought that would be caught in the local sorting center & be back in my box within 2 or 3 days, not 2 weeks!

Latest posts

Back