Owning just one mini.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_smile.png
Thanks everyone for your thoughts so far. I do appreciate the input. Maybe I will be able to find one of the exceptions.

When I had my filly, Miss Melody, I wanted to think she was happy by herself but it became apparent that she was not. I had a hard time finding her a match but finally found a match in a steer and a goat. She ran with them for about 6 months before she went to live with her previous owner again. She did seem happy and she even played with them and was queen of her herd
default_yes.gif
The bad thing about having a young horse by themself is that they don't learn how to behave from the older, mature horses. I will never again have a horse by themself unless it's an older horse that prefers it that way. Babies need interaction and I learned that the hard way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brandi !

I remember Miss Melody. She was so pretty,

I have been doing a lot of thinking and am going to try and find 2 very small minis (29 or under) so one won't be alone. It is easier for me, and the wear and tear on the property.

Latest posts

Back