Ownership/AOTE question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not show AMHA so no nothing about AOTE so this has been a very interesting and helpful thread.

I am surprised there is not rule on the length of time a horse can be with a trainer for hauling reasons both prior to and after not just during but there is a rule on clipping

interesting.....

Regarding the hauling issue, I really believe you have to take into account the time it would take around the World Show for transportation purposes. People from each coast can take 3-4 days to transport to (and from) Ft. Worth. That's how long it takes from up here in Washington. Say you send your horse down in a trainer's rig...drop it off the day before transport, 3-4 days on the road, and then maybe you personally don't fly in until the last day of the Youth show. That could definitely be a length of 7-9 days from the time you drop your horse off to the time you are on the show grounds for the World Show. If this ended up being legislated to a certain # of days before or after a show, this scenario certainly does need to be taken into consideration. Other wise the World titles will end up being Midwest Amateur Owned and Trained by Exhibitor. Because it is just ridiculous to expect everyone in the AOTE division to drive themselves and their horses to the World Show, considering the distance for many, if not most.

I have to say one more thing
default_wink.png

I think we are so very lucky to have the AOTE program. We really enjoy the class and hope it stays around for a long long time.

Latest posts

Back