Our Voice of the Small Equine........Mark Bullington

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLC Stables

Reaction score
Everyone needs to go and check out the home page of ASPC/AMHR and read the AMAZING article about one of my closest friends and by far the best announcer in the industry.

Mr. Mark Bullington

Yay Mark! A good friend to the industry and a good friend to us here in the Pacific NW, we are so lucky to have him up here.

Going to read it now!

Edited to add: WHAT A WONDERFUL TRIBUTE! :D And very good timing, just between Congress and Nationals. See (Hear) Ya there, Mark! And you know I will be in the Flamingo Cheering Section! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that, too!

I haven't gotten to see Mark enough this year, but hoping he's at the Oregon State Fair next week so we can catch up.

Ever since I FIRST started showing minis, hearing Mark's voice always makes a show feel more fun, more right, and more organized! We are very lucky here in the NW to have he and Sharon as regulars.

I loved the article and thanks for posting this!

Liz M.

Great Article about a very sweet man. Thanks for the Heads Up.

MA

It would not be nationals without Mark announcing. He and Sharon are both awesome people!
default_yes.gif
:

I, hearing Mark's voice always makes a show feel more fun, more right, and more organized! We are very lucky here in the NW to have he and Sharon as regulars.

I loved the article and thanks for posting this!

Liz M.
I totally agree. I havent seen him this year either but can thank him for getting me and Raven thru the plane ride to Nationals that first year I am deathly afraid to fly thank goodness we were on the same flight :aktion033: He is a wonderful announcer and just an all around wonderful guy and Sharon is always so fun to talk to ringside!

This was my first year showing out WEST and it was such a pleasure meeting Mark.... Of course you know when you arrive on the show grounds its going to be a well announced show too :bgrin
default_yes.gif
: He makes it fun and keeps the show going smoothly. Oh, and lets not forget Sharon they make a perfect team!

Ahhhh what a neat article Mark!!!!! It doesn't say how truly wild you are,,,, but we shall keep your secrets!

You truly do make showing a comfortable place to be.. When we pull up,,, and hear your voice, we know we are "home'.

And Sharon is wonderful too! You guys make a great pair and are so fun to be around. Thanks for making so many of us happy!
default_yes.gif
:

You know what impresses me most about Mark? He remembers the little guys just as much as the big guys in our industry! At Congress, as I was setting up the Reserve Grand Champion Foundation Gelding for his photo, I over heard Mark telling someone about the horse's owner and how/why she names them. I was very impressed with that. To me, that's just as important as getting the names right (and he even pronounces my name right which more than one announcer has managed to butcher!).
default_wink.png
:
default_wub.png
:

What a FANTASTIC article!!!!!

I first met/heard Mark in '95 (?) at State 4-H... now, we meet at nearly every show I go to.

Both Mark and Sharon, besides running a great show, have been very supportive of me going back in the ring with Tigger.

Kari

Oh what a great article. Mark is just amazing. I will never forget the compliments he gave me on my stallion.
default_smile.png
Brought tears to my eyes actually. Never met a nicer announcer.....I have to say I look forward to "hearing" more from Mark. And one of these days I would love to meet Sharon too.

PrestigeMini..............you have met Sharon, you were at Oregon Gold and Sharon was the show steward doing all the measuring.

You know what impresses me most about Mark? He remembers the little guys just as much as the big guys in our industry! At Congress, as I was setting up the Reserve Grand Champion Foundation Gelding for his photo, I over heard Mark telling someone about the horse's owner and how/why she names them. I was very impressed with that. To me, that's just as important as getting the names right (and he even pronounces my name right which more than one announcer has managed to butcher!).
default_wink.png
:
default_wub.png
:

And Mark has always been like that..........I have always appreciated that he takes the effort to pronounce people's names accurately. And our's isn't that easy!

MA

Thank you all for your kind comments and support. I was surprised when the article came out on the web page. I didn't know it was going to come out there. It is very gratifying that my work, and Sharon's too, is so well received. In the end though - it is you folks that we work with (and for) that make it a wonderful job. We wouldn't trade it for any in the world. Thank you for allowing us to work with the best people on earth. Can't wait to see you all at upcoming shows. This week we will be at the Oregon State Fair then it's off to NATIONALS!!! :aktion033:

Mark

:aktion033:

Yayyyyy seeing you guys at the Fair will be great (Mark's just as adept at the "other" breeds, too!!!) and just par none at any show/function.

Safe travel in the meantime.

Liz M.

For the few who don't know them, Mark and Sharon are the absolute best!

As Liz and others have mentioned, a show is not the same without Mark's friendly voice. Ditto about his remembering even the "little" people...I would imagine everyone, even first-timers, feel they've known Mark forever.

See you all at the Oregon State Fair!

Latest posts

Back