Our soon to be new home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aimee005

Reaction score
My husband and I just inherited 150 acres of farm land and will be moving our trailer onto it in a few weeks. Its still in the proses of being cleaned but I wanted to show you anyway, lol. Im so excited about moving onto it because as soon as we do Im going to start working on the paddock and barn for my first mini.
default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif

IMG_1217.jpg

This is a pic of our driveway leading up to where our house will go.

IMG_1216.jpg

Im thinking of building the paddock here in this cleared out area next to those trees. Maybe even under them, Im not sure yet on how big I want it.

IMG_1219.jpg

This is where our house is going. Its right next to where Im thinking on building the barn and paddock.

IMG_1220.jpg

This is the 5 acre pond in our front yard, well not directly IN our front yard but between us and the road. Its all grown up now but it will look better once we clean it.

default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

You are going to be very happy there on your not so little piece of heaven! Lucky you!!!

You are going to be very happy there on your not so little piece of heaven! Lucky you!!!
I know! Im so excited!
default_smile.png

Its so big,
default_new_shocked.gif
the pics don't do it justice! Just to give you some idea, we own every thing up to the tree line in the background of all the pics and then some. The green filed in the background of pic 2 is just 1 of the 3 huge fields we own. We plant peanuts, tobacco, and cotton.

Congrats
default_aktion033.gif
I would love to inherit a piece of land like that! And just think there's alot of room for more than one mini
default_wink.png
It's gonna be alot of work but when its done it'll pay off in a big way congrats again and do keep us updated on the progress!

~Jessica

P.S.

How soon do you think you'll be moving in?

Congrats
default_aktion033.gif
I would love to inherit a piece of land like that! And just think there's alot of room for more than one mini
default_wink.png
It's gonna be alot of work but when its done it'll pay off in a big way congrats again and do keep us updated on the progress!

~Jessica

P.S.

How soon do you think you'll be moving in?
Thanks Jessica, I will keep you updated.
default_smile.png

We were planing on having most of the land cleaned up in about 3 weeks but it rained over 8 inches last week and slowed things down so it may be a month or so before we can actually move the trailer over there. We already pulled up all the stumps from the trees that were cut and now we're waiting for everything to dry up before we can burn them and put in the well and septic tank. My husband and his friend sank a bulldozer today thinking it was dry enough to push dirt around, apparently they were wrong, lol. :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that is so exciting for you guys!

You will have enough space for LOTS of Minis!!

Keep us updated as you get things done...

Missy

Oh gosh! 150 acres - I think you need a riding horse, too - that's a lot of land to keep track of!
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone!
default_smile.png

We did a lot of work this weekend on the pond. We got a backhoe and busted some beaver dams, it was fun splashing around in all the mud and muck, lol. But Im sure the beavers have already built the dams back up by this morning. Thats fine tho, the pond just needed a little relief so that the wet stuff on the high land where our trailer is going could get dried up quicker and we can get back to working on it.

It hasn't rained here like that in a long time!

What a beautiful place to call home!
default_wub.png
SUPER CONGRATS!
default_aktion033.gif

What a beautiful place to call home!
default_wub.png
SUPER CONGRATS!
default_aktion033.gif
Thanks! Wow, you are only about 3 hours and 30 min away from me. I hope you will have some minis for sale about a year from now. Thats about when Ill be ready to get mine.
default_smile.png
default_wub.png

Hi Aimee,

You're always welcome to visit anytime. Best wishes on your new home site!
default_wub.png

Cheers,

Tanya

Congratulations! Plenty of space to run wild there! Have fun at your new stomping grounds!

6.gif

Hi Aimee,

You're always welcome to visit anytime. Best wishes on your new home site!
default_wub.png

Cheers,

Tanya
Thanks Tanya!

BTW... Im looking for a nice gelding for my first mini. I was looking at Tuffy and I have to say he is so cute. :love Man I wish I could get one now but as you can see we have a long way to go before even thinking about buying one, lol. But it doesn't hurt to look, right.
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back