Our Queen

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candycar

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Cami is the Queen of the house. We got her as a rescue in Okinawa Japan 1992. She has been my lap warmer for almost 17 years. She has seen the world and many furkin pass before her. She lays upon my lap now, as I type this thru tears.

Kidney failure has taken it's toll on her once robust body and feisty soul. Tomorrow we will help her across the rainbow bridge. My heart breaks and the hole left by her absence will be unbearable. I don't have many digital pics of her, this was taken a couple of days ago.

2009Apr16007.jpg

Someone please tell me I'm doing the right thing!!! Please don't let me second guess my decision. This is the first one I've had do "decide" when they would cross. I'll be up all nite. Thanks for letting me share

Awwww. What a pretty girl. Such a hard thing to do, making that decision. Hugs.

Cami looks just like my Purdy (avatar). It will be to hard for me to tell you what to do. I know if my girl was suffering I would have to let her go. You will know in your heart for your Queen if it is that time. I will be a basket case when that time comes for my Purdy she is 13yrs. My heart goes out to you and your family. Prayers to help you through this sad sad time.

You'll know in your heart...... And your girl should tell you.

It's not easy. Bless you.

We're here for you [hugs]. I'v had to make the same call to many times over the years.I would rather make that decision and have them go peacefully.So sorry

You'll know in your heart...... And your girl should tell you.
It's not easy. Bless you.

I agree, I put my Annie down last month (25 yo cat) she told me a few weeks in advance so I had the time to prepare for her passing over. It is NEVER easy to let them go...Hugs to you....Theresa

I've been there too. We gave my Mickey his release a couple of years ago. He fought a good fight and I'm sure your kitty has to. It's impossible not to feel guilt but they deserve peace at the end.

My sincere thoughts are with you.

Danielle

Candycar, I SO feel for you! We have 7 indoor cats, they are the love of our lives! The oldest is now 12. We ADORE our cats. I HATE what you're going through. I'm so sorry.
default_no.gif
If I can be of any help or if you just want to talk, e-mail me at [email protected] Again, I'm so sorry.

Joyce

As terribly hard as it is, after the years of love they give us we owe it to them to make sure they don't suffer. I'm sorry you're faced with such a hard decision. I've had to do it and it's something I dread ever having to do again.

Candycar, She is beautiful, she has been your faithful companion for so many years. She will let you know when it is time to cross, just look into her eyes. I have had to do this too, and it is one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make, but I also knew it was the right decision. She will thank you for not making her suffer and for being with her when she crosses, and she will leave you with 17 years of wonderful memories with a faithful pal. (((hugs))) I lost my old arabian who I had from the time he was 2 yrs old..this past October, he was 37 yrs old..I prayed that God would not make me make the decision for him to cross, but I knew I had to do something before winter..his winters were getting very hard on him..God listened.

Corinne

She has had a lovely, loving life with you. Lucky girl!

I have tears rolling because my heart hurts for you. I *LOVE* my cats and it is very hard to lose a beloved baby. I'm so sorry!!

{{{{Hugs}}}}

My muffntuf was 20, she had moved so many times with me, she became the best moving cat ever. She went to college with me, everywhere. She went into kidney failure. We went to emergency weekend and she stayed a couple days. They re-hydrated her, showed me how to and the next week was spent nursing her. She spent another 6 months with me and let me bring 3 new kitties into my life before she said she was ready to go home. I know she and my other furkins are waiting for me in heaven. It was tough, but it was time and I am very thankful as she passed purring in my arm.

Many hugs and thoughts and prayers to you. You will know if it is time or not.

Sounds like you already know in your heart, but I do understand the feeling of wanting to make sure that tomorrow should be the right day. I am sure your vet will help you. Helping her cross is the greatest gift you can ever give her. It will be hard and heartbreaking, but you will know..... Bless you both. My heart is breaking for you.

I am crying while typing this, such a hard decision, one I have had to make. I know it was right but does not make it any easier. <<<hugs>>>

You will do the right thing. She is a beautiful girl and I am so happy that you both had each other all these years. You are in my prayers. I had to do the same thing to my best buddy 9 months ago and it was so terribly, unbelievably hard. But I owed her that. I am sorry you have to go through this.

I am so sorry. Pets are family with us and I know it hurts so much. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Such a hard decision to be made...but like others have said she will let you know. God Bless you both.

Latest posts

Back