Our only foal this year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxs

Reaction score
Blue Diamond Lil Deuce Coupe (Ginger) had a silver black filly this morning sometime between 12:30am and 5:30 am. She fooled me again.. And, the foal isn't nearly as big as I thought it would be. Thank God! She was up and dry at 5:30. Still hadn't found the spigots last time I was down there...went to the dr....but, she is trying, just at the wrong end. I have some immunagam that I am going to go get into her in a sec. She has Appy eyes, but will have to see if anything else turns up. Sire is Hale Farm's Wind Walker. We don't have a name for her yet, but want something with "Wind" in it.

Hq13.jpg

Hq11.jpg

such a pretty girl! :aktion033: How about your farm name, XXS Wind On The Water, Its always great when everything goes as Mother Nature planned.

Thank you! She has her mama's pretty little head. Our farm name is Blue Diamond,and I will add your name to our list. So far, we have Colors of the Wind, Candle in the Wind, Gale Force, Touch the Wind, Heavenly Wind, Wind Dancer, Wind Chaser, Shadow of the Wind, Kamakazi (it means divine wind) , Wind in the Willows, Platinum Breeze, Windstar (if her dam can be a Lil Deuce Coupe, she can be a mini van! LOL!!!) and, I like Lil GTO too..even if it doesn't have Wind in it..lol and Wind on the Water
default_smile.png

Congratulations!

You might try milking mom and feeding some colostrum to the baby with a syringe. It tends to give the foals a "jump start". We also smear a bit of colostrum on mom's teats to help baby locate the spiggots.

MA

Thanks! I am really happy with her. I "think" she has found the dinner bar..one side has definatly gone down in size..looks milked out..but, she is still trying to nurse Ginger's girth area..
default_wacko.png
: I gave her the Immunogam and put ointment in her eyes..she is getting hair in her eyes from Ginger.

Maryann, I really do appreciate the help, but, Ginger is one of those "wild" mares that I wouldn't dare try to milk. She isn't mean at all..just terrified of people...I don't know what would happen if I ever actually had to help her deliver. I am keeping a very close eye on the filly and giving Ginger all the hay she wants..and a cup of grain every 2 hours to help with milk production. She never has a lot of milk and dried up at three months with her first foal. I was going to get some Foal Lac, but thought I would see how she was doing first..after I got home from the dr. She pooped then peed while I was watching her. And, she peed quite a bit. So, I am thinking that she is getting what she needs now. She seems satisfied, and is sleeping for short periods. And, when she is awake, she isn't frantic about finding food and is busy investigating her surroundings.

With her being our only one this year, she is going to be spoiled rotten! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I am really happy with her. I "think" she has found the dinner bar..one side has definatly gone down in size..looks milked out..but, she is still trying to nurse Ginger's girth area..
default_wacko.png
: I gave her the Immunogam and put ointment in her eyes..she is getting hair in her eyes from Ginger.

Maryann, I really do appreciate the help, but, Ginger is one of those "wild" mares that I wouldn't dare try to milk. She isn't mean at all..just terrified of people...I don't know what would happen if I ever actually had to help her deliver. I am keeping a very close eye on the filly and giving Ginger all the hay she wants..and a cup of grain every 2 hours to help with milk production. She never has a lot of milk and dried up at three months with her first foal. I was going to get some Foal Lac, but thought I would see how she was doing first..after I got home from the dr. She pooped then peed while I was watching her. And, she peed quite a bit. So, I am thinking that she is getting what she needs now. She seems satisfied, and is sleeping for short periods. And, when she is awake, she isn't frantic about finding food and is busy investigating her surroundings.

With her being our only one this year, she is going to be spoiled rotten! LOL!

Thanks for responding.....I sure don't want to sound like a "know it all!" More like a "worry wart" LOL!

Sounds like she's doing all the right things, so I won't worry.
default_wink.png
:

MA

Latest posts

Back