Our Newest Mini Rescue

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctgponies

Reaction score
The newest rescue came in yesterday. My daughter has named her Cocoa. We believe she is about 3 years old (the vet will tell us for sure when he comes). She is scruffy, underweight and may be bred to a stud that she was pastured with. She had also been pastured with a pinto gelding that we took home in August. I felt horrible leaving her there so we found a way to make her a part of our herd.

I know that indiscriminate breeding is a hot topic right now and I would appreciate it if it's not debated here. This mare needed help and we were able to bring her home. If she ends up being in foal, we will take care of her as best as we can and hope for the best.

I wanted to share a picture of her:

cocoa_9-12-07_1_500x356.jpg

I don't have much time to type a lengthy post (I'm at work) but do have her "story", as much of it as we know on our website - http://www.ctgponies.4t.com/Minis.html. I have Pumpkin's story up too.

Any opinions on her color are appreciated!

:aktion033: Well isn't that just wonderful! They are so thrilled to be back together again. Standing ovation from me for your rescues, now she'll have the best care foal or no. :aktion033:

:aktion033: :aktion033: I applaud you and wish you the best of luck in getting her back on her feet.. :aktion033: :aktion033:

What great stories!! It is so great to see someone taking in the less fortunate horses. I am a big believer in rescue, and have done it for a long time with dogs and cats.

I would love to be able to help horses in need, but that would be way in the future. I have a lot of learning to do first.

Anyway a huge [SIZE=36pt]THANKS[/SIZE] from Florida! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Thanks for all of the support! This little ones really tug at my heartstrings. Actually, they all do. The pony we have has been really traumatized and it's so rewarding to see him starting to trust again.

A big KUDOS to you for being such a caring and considerate mini person! I can't wait to watch your rescues blossom. And how wonderful that you got the two together--it should make the whole process of a little less stressful for them. Please keep us updated on what your vet says! :aktion033:

I can see thru all that "scruff" and slim weight that she is a diamond in the ruff!! Thank you for rescuing her!!!

I think you misunderstand peoples anger over "indiscriminate breeding"

There is no way that this is your fault- you did not do it and YOU are picking up the pieces- it seems she has landed on her hooves here as you will see it through and make sure any foal that ensues also gets a good home.

Ignore whether she is broodmare material- you are being a responsible breeder, even if the breeding was not your idea.

Well done, big pat on the back for you!!

She is Black, BTW!!
default_yes.gif
:

Is wonderful that you can help them out!! :aktion033: Know you will have her right as rain very soon!!

Latest posts

Back