Our New Family Member! [Pics]

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetPea

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just a few weeks ago we added a new member to our herd. A mini donkey gelding, that we named Stetson. He is our first donkey and our second mini. Our mini horse mare, Sweet Pea fell right in love with Stetson. They are best buddies. Here are a few pics. Like I said, Im new to minis and donkeys so please let me know what you think of him. Thanks!

He is a year old and i guess you would call him a chocolate color?

101_7151.jpg

101_7150.jpg

101_7163.jpg

101_7161.jpg

101_7155.jpg

101_7154.jpg

Hi and WELCOME to our little corner of the forum. OMG~~ is he adorable, you'll love being owned by a donkey, and soon you will see there really is a world of difference between being owned by a donkey and being owned by a mini. Thanks so much for sharing the pics with us. If you have any questions ...dont be afraid to ask, we have a lot of knowledgeable seasoned owners on here. Corinne (Ce)

Forgot to add..I love his name, and yes I would call him a chocolate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh he is an absolute DOLL! How sweet the two are together
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Would love to see more pix of both of them enjoying each other's company. Stetson is a great name! So what does your girl think of his voice? or hasn't she heard it yet
default_wink.png

I always liked donkeys but never knew I could love them so until I got our Buttercup (small standard size) and her baby Banjo. Now we have four but would love to also have a mini donkey. Congratulations!

Thank you both! He is a sweet heart.
default_biggrin.png

Oh he is an absolute DOLL! How sweet the two are together
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Would love to see more pix of both of them enjoying each other's company. Stetson is a great name! So what does your girl think of his voice? or hasn't she heard it yet
default_wink.png
I will be sure and get more pictures of them together. They are quite the little pair. We have had Sweet Pea since last May and she really hasent had too much company. My 2 big horses dont care for her and might hurt her and I sold my paint filly who was a good horse to keep her company but not quite her size.

And I could tell that our poor girl was lonly, thats when I found Stetson. When I saw him, I had to have him. Somthing about those big ears and that soft sweet little muzzle just draws you in. When I brought him to the barn and introduced Stetson to Sweet Pea for the fist time, he was very scared of her. She wasent mean, she just wouldnt leave him alone! Haha. Even when she herd that donkey bray, she was taken back but went right back by his side. It was truly love at fist sight. Now they are friends for life! Thanks again for all the support! Im really enjoying him and learn more and more everyday!

Thanks for telling us more about their meeting. What sweethearts. Looking forward to more pix. I am no expert on donkeys in any way but in my experience, they are usually lower on the totem pole when mixed with horses. My baby mini was able to push the standard donkey away from the hay by just walking up and eating. He wasn't even trying to do that. Soon, she realized he was no threat and they will eat together but the adult minis definitely are above all of my donkeys in rank. Maybe this is why Stetson was scared of her at first. The horses are more forward, and the donkeys seem much quieter and soft. And speaking of soft, aren't those fuzzy muzzles something else!!? Sooooo smoochable and soft.

Awwww... those pictures are SO cute!! Stetson is adorable. His coloring is very close to my Gracie & Ruby. I'm calling them "chocolate" for now too... but wondering what color they will "shed out" to in the Summer? Ruby's legs are really dark, almost black, like Stetson's.

Great pictures!!
default_aktion033.gif
And so cute with his new mini buddy
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back