Our new boxer litter of 9 puppies born nov 22, 2006

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
We wanted to show off our new litter of AKC boxer puppies born nov 22, 2006.. She is a first time mom of 9 puppies. How to much sure all puppies are getting what they need?

dscn9034.jpg

dscn9033.jpg

dscn9030.jpg

dscn9031.jpg
dscn9045.jpg

Color experts of boxer what colors to you think the puppies are fawn or brindle?

thanks melissa

Last edited by a moderator:
How cute. Boxers are great dogs I had one as a child her name was Cookie and I loved her dearly.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Just look at that! By looking at their tummies...I'd say mom is feeding them just fine. I usually do stimulate the genitals with a warm Q Tip to be sure everyone is peeing and pooping. Feed mom a very good food, free choice IMHO with 9 pups and tons of good water. Congratulations! :aktion033:

We love our boxer as well. Her name is London. The father's name is Tbone.

HERE ARE PICUTRE OF THE FATHER AND THE MOTHER BEFORE THE PUPPIES.

LONDON THE MOTHER

DSCN8932.jpg

TBONE THE FATHER

Fawnmaleboxer.jpg

WE WILL HAVE 7 FOR SALE AFTER WEANED. WE ARE KEEPING ONE AND THE LADY WE BREED TO IS GETTING THE PICK OF THE LITTER AS WELL.

BOXERS ARE GREAT WITH CHILDREN.

TAKE CARE,

MELISSA

[SIZE=18pt]It looks like you have a mix match of brindle and fawn. You do have a fancy fawn (the one with the white collar). In the first picture I love the brindle with the blaze(his/her face is kinda turned up at mom's back.) How much will you be asking for them? My mom had a boxer and she loved her so much. She really wants another one, but she's not sure if it's time yet. [/SIZE]

Christy

usually my litters are 12/13 ... what i've found is for the first day or two to split up the puppies and let half feed then the other half. that way they don't have to fight as hard to find a nipple. I also tend to offer them formula from a bottle. I watch very close to see if there's a weaker one that just isn't latching on and help feed that/those ones too. the puppies that are healthy and getting what they need usually will not eat from a bottle. all your sthat i can see look well feed and healthy so it's probably not a huge concern at this point. You REALLY should weight them daily though. puppies can drop fast and once they stop dropping weight usually there is something wrong with them. it's easier to catch it if they drop and ounce than 2-6 ounces and have serious problems. if they are gaining every day then they are usually healthy and doing well!

Hello,

Thank you all for the nice comments. We are loving all of this boxers. She had 5 females and 4 males.I am still quessing some of their colors. The mom and puppies are doing great so far. We will be taking them to the vet to get their tails cut and declaws done as well. If someone is interested in them email me personal for prices of them.We will have seven for sale, because we are keeping one and the lady we breed to is getting the pick of the litter as well.They were born Nov 22, 2006 so they want be really until 6 to 8 weeks later.The puppies will be getting alot of LOVE from my children as well. :aktion033:

take care,

melissa

Those are the cutest pups! Congrats. Can't tell you how to take care of them though, my mom could. She is the dog lady and I'm the horse lady!
default_smile.png

WE LOVE ALL ANIMALS. WE HAVE BIG HORSES, MINI HORSES, DOGS, CATS AND FISH.

THANKS FOR ALL THE NICE COMMENTS. WE HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT THANKSGIVING.
default_wub.png
:

MELISSA

They are all so cute
default_wub.png
: ... it looks like there have been numerous babies born within the last week here at the forum!!! To me the pups look like a mixture of brindle and fawn.

:new_shocked: Don't forget calcium for the mother. Don't want her getting eclampsia.

CONGRADULATIONS :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

My vet suggested to give a rolaid with calcium once a day.

Weigh them daily for the first week to make sure they are all increasing their weight.

When ever looking take the smaller ones and get them on a nipple, well the others are sleeping.

Make Mom stay in with them for at least the first week or so, only to go for a toilet break and back in.

Puppy food & water to be given to mom and yes, free choice.

I give milk bones & a slice of cheese as treats.

I also use a heating pad on low, wrapped up in a pillow case with heavy bath towel, so they keep their body heat.

Good Luck they all look adorable
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
HELLO,

WE TOOK THE 9 PUPPIES TO THE VET THIS MORNING TO GET THEIR TAILS CUT AND DECLAWS DONE. THE VET SAID THEY ALL LOOK GREAT.

THANKS EVERYONE,

MELISSA

Hi Melissa,

Congrats on a wonderful litter of beautiful puppies. We are big boxer fans here - we had Barney for 14 years and when he passed we brought in Katie - she is 4 now and kind of starting to settle down a bit.

You had excellent advise from Boinky - I would for sure weigh the pups each morn and eve and record the weights - they should double their birth weight in the first week. Splitting the litter in half to feed is also a good idea, and if you have any puppies that are exceptionally strong and healthy if you supplement them with some milk-replacer they will not chow down on as much of mom's milk as the rest of the litter who needs it more - trust me, the stronger ones will hold their own and get right in there to eat!

Of course you need to keep them warm and draft free, a 100 watt bulb at one end of the whelping box will allow the pups to get under the heat if need be and also allow mom to get away since she may not be comfortable with too much heat. Do not be overly surprised if she does not want to spend 100% of her time with them - that is normal, but she should be asked to jump back in with the pups several times a day to allow them to eat.

Of course mom will need lots of food - don't forget the calcium tablet and/or cottage cheese or yogurt - she has a large litter and it will drain her to feed them - eclampsia is not fun to deal with and can be life-threatening to your bitch. Canned puppy food along with her dry will probably keep her eating readily and she can really not eat too much at this stage - she has a lot to support.

Good luck and have fun with the puppies - I am so jealous - I was supposed to have a litter of Havanese puppies to play with but my female whelped a week too early - had an emergency c-section and I lost all 4 puppies after trying desparately to save them for 3 days with every 2 hours trying to tube feed them.

The Forum has several people who will be great to get advice from - we are all so lucky to have each other!

Stacy

We are enjoying the puppies they got their tails and declaws done today. They all are so cute. We can't wait til they get their eyes open and start walking.I will try to post new pictures soon.

take care,

melissa

Latest posts

Back