Our Mini has arrived

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniatureEscapades

Reaction score
Ok so today our weanling arrived. The sky's opened up to a terrible storm just as the trailer pulled into the barnyard! it was raining so hard you could barely see! By the time it managed to calm down enough to get her in she was all wet, and scared. We dried her off with some rags, brushed her down, and she seemed to calm down a bit. She's 3 months 1 day exactly.

Introducing: CBF's Senbonzakura aka "Chire"

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

V-- We rubbed her down to dry her off, and brushed her out. She then stood there falling asleep <3 She's so cute!

IMG_0010.jpg

V-- It's the size of a half dollar coin! she's paint! xD Her parents were both Overo so we think she may carry LWO

IMG_0009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how excited you must be to have her home...
default_aktion033.gif

Waiting on my little guy to turn 3 months so he can come home.

CONGRATULATIONS she is lovely.

I have more pictures. We arrived at the barn bright and early this morning to find a very messy stall (the one and only time we'll be happy about this) She ate a whole half a flake of hay, and drank about an inch or so of water! She is doing just how we suspected. She was very clingy to her mother so we thought that when we got her she would get over it rather quickly, and well she was.
default_laugh.png

So today we cleaned stalls, and took the baby out for a walk. We then gave her her first bath ever
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
she did WONDERFUL! for her first time, and we fly sprayed her, and she did better with that! we were surprised, we like to use the aerosol can Fly spray and we thought she'd freak at the noise or something but no. We then took her out to hand graze while she dried off, and all the big horses at our barn were so curious! haha! they had never seen a mini before.

IMG_0011.jpg

Someone was waiting at the door this morning...

IMG_0013.jpg

She also had no problem with her new feeding routine...

IMG_0014.jpg

Bath time!!!

IMG_0015.jpg

Oh my! She is terribly cute! Congrats!

Our weanling comes home on Saturday and I am beside myself with anticipation!

I like her a lot. She looks like a doll, and Im for sure a bit jealous about your barn, looks really nice. Im sure she is more than pleased with her new room.

the barn really is nice! we're so lucky to be able to stay here! Her stall is twice the size of the ones in her last home, and the barn owner absolutely loves her as well. Here are some shots of the barn. they were taken last winter so it's a little gloomy with the windows closed.

IMG_0047.JPG

Left side of the barn

IMG_0057.JPG

Right side of the barn (her stall is the last on the one on the right)

IMG_0058.JPG

the wash pis is in the pace between the two sides

We just need to figure out how to cross tie the baby now since everything was build for big horses.

[edit]

We took her height and weight today. Chire is 29 inches and about 85lbs :D

Congratulations on your new mini, she soo very cute. Her new home looks lovely too. She'll be filling out her new blue halter in no time.

It looks like you may have to lower her water and feed bucket holders.....I can see where you said...."oooppps she cant reach it". Until then I'm sure you are being careful about the bucket with the metal handles. If she's anything like my knuckle heads the bucket would be tipped over by now and mine would be standing there wondering why this handle like thing is stuck on his leg!! And wondering why no one gave him any water...dahhh

your new mini is cute, she looks just like my little 2 year old, (white star also) condradulations. the barn is very nice , wish mine looked like that.

Congratulations on your new mini, she soo very cute. Her new home looks lovely too. She'll be filling out her new blue halter in no time.It looks like you may have to lower her water and feed bucket holders.....I can see where you said...."oooppps she cant reach it". Until then I'm sure you are being careful about the bucket with the metal handles. If she's anything like my knuckle heads the bucket would be tipped over by now and mine would be standing there wondering why this handle like thing is stuck on his leg!! And wondering why no one gave him any water...dahhh
The water bucket holders are the black doors you see in the side of the stalls, they can't be lowered. The barn owner is, however, thinking about taking that out of our stall and putting in a window for our mini to peer our of. As for a feeler there is no way we can lower the swinging door feeders the barn owner installed originally so this afternoon after he bath we went out and purchased a tub feeder for her. We'll be making adjustments to the stall though to accommodate our baby.

oh this so reminds me of when I brought my first mini home:wub She was around the same age! Your little one is so adorable!!!!!! Make sure and give her lots of love and time cause she will no doubt, feel a little lonely at first in that big stall by herself without her mama. I remember I stayed out in the stall with my little one for hours one night just because she seemed so unsure of her surroundings and she was all alone. Congrats on your beautiful new baby
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back