Our first show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Reaction score
This morning, my daughter and I took our two yearlings to small show put on by the miniature horse club we belong to (Mason Dixon Miniature Horse Association). This was first on many levels and I was equal parts anxious and excited.

In the weaningly/yearling mare class, we came in 2nd and 3rd out of three. I made a rookie mistake and walked in on the wrong side of my horse and my daughter followed my lead behind me. The judge was very sweet to kindly mention that to me as the class was dismissed. The other horse was a darling bay and white pinto and tiny! We'll likely face her again on the 19th. I plan to have some more training under our belts, a better grooming job done and will walk on the proper side of the horse to see if we place differently next time
yes.gif

We also entered the Multi Color and Color classes. I took both horses into their respective class. Baby, our sorrel and white pinto with one blue eye, came in 5th out of a class of 15! Considering I made another rooking mistake yesterday and tried to "just clip a couple of spots" and realized I had made it so she needed clipped all over, I was really happy with this placement. Her color is very muted because of the clipping so I can't wait to take her back in 2 weeks and try again. Of course, a different judge may not see her in the same way....that's understood.

Missy, our silver bay, took 4th out 9 in her solid color class. I almost cried I was so happy. Missy on the other hand was very vocal in her dislike of not being able to see her buddy. She whinnied, loudly, through much of the class! How do you stop that??

Our first show and 4 ribbons for our efforts. I definitely think I may have just caught the bug
wink.gif
yes.gif

To heck with a bug, it is a pure addiction for sure. But what a way to go!!! LOL
default_wub.png

Congrats on your first show, it is great that you can evaluate your performance and understand what you can do to win the class the next time. Good Luck with all of it.
default_aktion033.gif
default_wink.png

Be careful!
default_smile.png
It is way too easy to get hooked on showing. LOL Sound like you have a great first show. This is my second year now and we are still learning but it is SO MUCH FUN!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the "hooked on showing club"!! Sounds like you have the right attitude and will just keep improving.

My family just recently went to watch an AMHR mini horse show we did not take any horses just went to watch and learn. But when you go it makes you want to show. As my three year old son said after he whatched his new friend show her mini horse in liberty "Mommy is it my turn now" It's addicting at any age. Congrats on your placings!!

Awesome, congrats on your placements you did a great job. Good luck at the next show, I hope to be there to watch!

Very good start for you two! I'm glad to hear you are ready for your next show. That is what it is all about, anyway, learning from your mistakes and enjoying yourself!

Fantastic! Welcome to the super fun and highly addictive world of showing!

Thanks everyone! I'm still riding pretty high, even though terribly tired
wink.gif

The ribbons have definitely gotten my 12 yr old's attention. He's been fence sitting about the whole idea. Now he said he might be interested in showing our 2 yr old
default_smile.png
After today's successes, I had thought we might bring her along next time. Watching him eye up those ribbons was priceless.

Maxi: Would love to meet you at the show on the 19th! Hope you make it too!

Hey way to go!! Well done!! Many congratulations
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Anna

And you're off and running!
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats on getting a show under your belt! I hope you have as much fun at your next one! Wheeeee!!!!

default_biggrin.png

default_aktion033.gif
Congrats to you and all of your family (horsey and otherwise) LOL Yup, those shows are VERY addictive. I love to see people catch the "bug"! Enjoy as long as you can.

Hey Joy - it's Melissa. That's great that you enjoyed your first show! Our club is so much fun and everyone is so helpful. I had to drive in the rain but my horse did not mind. See you on the 19th!

Glad you had so much fun and it is easy to catch the bug.

You meet so many nice people and it is great to be out with your horses.

Hi Melissa! LOL! I was wondering if you'd catch me here on the boards!

I had a feeling the rain was gonna get the cart classes!

Back