Our first of three for 2006

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdbj

Reaction score
Wanted to share a couple of pics of our new foal. HE was born this morning at 8:30 a.m., very quick, easy delivery, for Mama and baby. Both are doing very, very well. HE is a steely grey with a perfect spotted blanket. Any guesses as to what color he will be in a few years?

Still working on a name, I hoping something jumps out at me, once we get to know him!

Happy and safe foaling to those of you still "expecting" and have a wonderful 2006!

P4240183.jpg

P4240188.jpg

Wow! What a pretty baby!! Congratulations!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Gotta love those spots. If you are lucky he will stay the steel Gray, I think that would be cool.

Cant tell what color he will be without more background on the sire and dam though.

Without seeing the sire I'd have to say he looks silver dapple appy. He's certainly not a genetic gray, i.e. one that will fade over time, so whatever color he is he'll stay! :aktion033:

Leia

Steel grey is not a color. :bgrin

He is a silver-dapple appaloosa.
default_yes.gif
:

Congrats! :aktion033:

Yes, Silver Black base Blanket Appy, there.

ALL Greys are merely passing through on their way to white- there is never any chance of a Grey keeping it's colour.

Also of course, in order to get a Grey you have to have a Grey parent.
default_yes.gif
:

Yup Donna you are right - you're officially a Grandma!!! Bet you didn't realize that came with the deal! :lol:

What a great Grandma to have!!!

Two years ago this black and white pintaloosa mare had a "steely grey" baby exact color as this little appy, only no blanket. Two years ago she was bred to a sorrel, this time around she was bred to a near leopard silver chestnut appaloosa. So does this mare carry the silver gene??? The whole genetic color thing is ssoooo beyond me. Every time I think I have a handle on it, my theories get blown!
default_wacko.png
:

Have a great day everybody!

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations! He is going to be so pretty! Can you say pretty for a boy????[/SIZE]

Lyn

No the mare is black, silver is a color that affects the black pigment, so if a black horse would carry silver it will be/look silver.

A chestnut can hide silver, so it came from the sire.

WOW what a beauty! From appy owner to appy breeder, Congratulations on your spotted bundle of love!!!

I too think a silver dapple appaloosa =)

This is a picture of this lil guy's sire. He's a gelding now and lives in Missouri (since last week). If I'm not mistaken Dawn has 2 more mares in foal to him.

This is a picture from last year that Dawn sent me - his new mom doesn't have him clipped yet.

P5300009.jpg

Latest posts

Back