OUR FIRST 2007 FOAL ...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm thrilled to announce the arrival of our first 2007 foal!!! :aktion033: After she had looked like she was about to burst for days, our mare Spirit finally decided to foal on Monday morning. She delivered a leggy and very upright filly with a mostly dark coat.
default_wub.png
: However, as you can see on the pictures below, the little girl has a white spot and stripe on her back, so I think she'll probably color out to an appaloosa.

This filly really is a dream come true. When I bought my appy stallion in 2003, he was just a weanling, but back then, I already dreamt of breeding him to my appy mare Spirit one day. I think it is the perfect cross with her carrying Gold Melody Boy/Boones Little Buckeroo blood, him carrying Rowdy and Hemlock Brooks Egyptian King blood and both being intensely appaloosa bred. I can't wait to see what is under the baby fuzz of our little new arrival.

Here are pictures I took today of our baby:

baby.jpg

baby2.jpg

baby3.jpg

These are the "spots" on her back:

babyback.jpg

Her sire, Countrylanes Spotted Virtue (sired by Jandts Precious Pimples, who is owned by forum member Carrie of Cherokee Rose Miniatures):

virtue.jpg

Her dam, Mountain High Navahos Spirit:

navajo.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!!

Have a great day :saludando:

Conny

Congratulations, she is adorable!! I bet she is hiding a lot of color under her foal coat, how fun!! :aktion033:

Great looking boy and I agree I bet after you shave him he'll look like a different horse
default_yes.gif
: Congrats :aktion033:

Congrats on your baby. I think you are right there is more color to come. We had a pintaloosa 2 years ago and now she has a full blanket and mottling galore along with her pinto markings -

she started off with one little appy spot
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations on a pretty baby girl. I too think there is more color to come.

Her parents are both so beautiful. I so love the leopard's. :aktion033:
default_wub.png
: :aktion033:

Conny

Hey Give Love Song a hug for me. I so love that beautiful mare.

Vicky

Oh, she is a darling!!! I certainly hope with all her parent's colour...she gets more. :new_shocked:
default_wub.png
:

BIG Congrats...................its always great to finish up a dream.

default_wub.png
: very nice looking foal.
default_wub.png
: Congrats :aktion033:

Don't you just love those spots.

very nice girl, no need to wonder if she'll color out, the question is just how she'll color.

Big congrats, she is just a little doll :aktion033: With all that white there at birth I would bet money she will end up very loud colored girl. How wonderful to see your dreams come true.
default_wub.png
:

What a lovely little filly. Can't wait to see photos of her with her spots on.

JJay

Congratulations on your new beautiful filly! I agree with the others who commented.........she will have LOTS of color under her baby hair! Her parents are both beautiful, as well!

Pam C.

Oh my goodness Conny.......I got so excited when I seen this post :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
: She is a DOLL!!! So does this make me a great-grandma
default_rolleyes.gif
: Can't wait to see whats under all that hair.....Congratulations!!!

This would be her proud grandsire .....Jandts Precious Pimples a.k.a "Cowboy"

cowboy.jpg

What a little beauty! I am certain she will color out to be a loud appy too! With those appy hooves, and such deep, vibrant color, I am just sure of it!! CONGRATULATIONS...now sit on your hands...I know it will be hard not to clip her for awhile! LOL!

Oh I love the bucking picture...she looks so full of life and joy :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Congrats

Nice baby girl! Congrats :aktion033: :aktion033: Joyce

Latest posts

Back