Our first 2006 foal has arrived ...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star

Reaction score
The first 2006 foal for CS Royal Miniature Horses in Germany arrived last night!

Even though I had three mares due before my Buckeroo bred bay roan pintaloosa mare Spirit was scheduled to foal, I already suspected that she wouldn’t keep to the plan (Spirit has never been fond of plans in the first place). Yesterday evening, I thought I had detected some milk dripping from her already huge udder, but she wouldn’t let me check it.

At 3 AM, the alarm went off and on the camera, I saw Spirit laying down and contracting. I flew over into the barn, but all I could do was help her dry the baby, since by the time I was over (maybe two minutes?) the baby was already out. Obviously, everything went pretty well.

The big surprise came, when I took a closer look at the little colt … it is a loud little bay appaloosa! Spots everywhere! You can tell how thrilled we are. Colorwise, Spirit has always tried to keep the whole thing exciting for us … the little boy is her fourth foal and she has so far had a solid bay colt, a sorrel pinto filly and a red roan filly … and now a bay appaloosa colt!

The little boy’s sire is our multiple AMHR National Top Ten stallion A F Ivy Toro. Parents and baby are pictured below.

Sire (A F Ivy Toro):
Toro.jpg

Dam (Mountain High Navahos Spirit):
Spirit.jpg

And here's the little boy at 10 hrs old:

Baby01.jpg

Baby02.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!!

:saludando: Conny

:aktion033: :aktion033: Congratulations!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: He's beautiful and colorful!!

Wow, he is VERY pretty. And look at that neck, it goes on forever. :aktion033: :aktion033:

Congratulations ! What a gorgeous colt. :aktion033:

Congratulations ! What a gorgeous colt. :aktion033: Hope we have some like him too.

OH MY GOODNESS! What an amazing little newbie for Germany! WOO HOOO go appies! I get so excited whenever a new appy is born =) He is beautiful! Please post updated pics!!!!

I see [SIZE=14pt]SPOTS!![/SIZE] :new_shocked: :new_shocked: He's beautiful! Congratulations.........

CONGRATULATIONS! He's beautiful, and I am guessing he will color out to the same pattern as his dam from the looks of things. :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back