Our Ada, OK show results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosaroca

Reaction score
Hey, everyone! Rosa Roca had a great AMHR/ASPC show at Ada, OK this weekend! My thanks to all my customers and to Leesa Conley for allowing me to show and/or train their wonderful horses.

Leesa Conley won first under both judges in a large Amateur Co. Pl. Driving class with her great gelding, Vegas. Then, I drove him in Stakes and took first under one judge and placed well under the other. Vegas also helped a little four year old girl that I've been teaching during her showmanship class. Her horse, Daz, was being a bit buddy-bound and giving Marissa a little trouble, so she showed Vegas instead. What a sweetheart he is! He lowered his head to her level, set up, and even did a halfway decent pivot even though Marissa walked way too big a circle with him. They were adorable together!

Leesa's other gelding, Bandit, was a bit too immature for his halter classes but won first and second in solid color.

My thanks to Barbara Killkenny for allowing me to train and show her adorable 25" yearling filly, Tuttie. She was perhaps a bit too small for the judges to appreciate but she drew lots of compliments from spectators, fellow competitors, and even the steward. She will definitely be back in the show ring later this year.

Davie Killman's excellent stallion, Double, who hadn't been driven since Nationals, placed well with me in Open Co. Pl. Driving - Under then took second in Stakes. Way to go, Double!

Establo Picasso, my AMHR/ASPC buckskin, went Grand Champion under one judge, finishing his requirements for his Halter Hall of Fame. Yay, Picasso!! Now, he's getting ready to start his driving training and will hopefully be showing in that before the season is over.

All in all, a great show!

Pat

Congratulations to all!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

WAS THERE A PHOTOGRAPHER AT THE SHOW,,,,IF SO IS THERE A WEBSITE,,,,,THANKS
No there was not a photographer there, my husband took the camera and got some pictures, were you looking for one of your horses with a trainer? We may have a shot..........probably not but I would look.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Photographer at this show. Usually there is but not this time. Was a great show, around 147 horses I was told. Had a great time.

Want to thank my great trainer Pat for showing Double, who has not been touched since Nationals last year , I've just been swamped and trying to get horses conditioned has just fallen behind. I also took my "B" driving mare "Holly" and even though she was a little rusty and not quite herself (she came into season the day before the show) she managed to take two 4th in her Amateur CP driving class.

Miss Holly is now home and in a paddock segregated from the rest of the group as she was driving the stallions and even the geldings up a wall. No foal for Holly since I want to take her back to Nationals this year so she just has to wait and she doesn't understand that concept
default_wacko.png

Hope to see everyone back at Ada in May.

Last edited by a moderator:
We went up to the show to deliver a colt to Belinda at B & B. it was a fun show and a lot of good horses to watch. Too bad we did not get to meet all of you folks from the forum while we were there. We need to start a sign in sheet or something where we could all put a face to the names here in the forum family.

Congratulations to all the winners, the performance classes were huge by the way.

Oops! Forgot one!

Congratulations to Bev Gray and Cooper. I remember that they placed well in their halter classes, but I don't remember where, exactly. He's a great boy and I enjoyed putting a bit of training on him for you.

Can't wait to get him into driving training this winter!

Pat

Hey John,

Saw your handsome guy that you delivered to Belinda. I liked his ice blue eyes and he's going to do you proud in the showring.

Karen

We are hoping to do well with him, he was national champion weanling last year. So we will see. That is him as a weanling in the avatar. Thanks for the kudos.

Latest posts

Back