other pets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a kittlen- dodger

we just lost out lab on friday but were going to get a another on soon

1 guniea pig- bandit

2 neon tetras- pride and america

1 angel fish- valentino

2 beta's- Mr. Squiggles and Tonka III

Besides the 16 miniatures, I have Hannah the Jenny and her new Jack foal born on the 18th, 3 outside cats (Mr Blue, Smokie, & Monkey), 1 inside cat (Lilly), 1 oustide dog (Isis) (actually my son's who moved to an apartment), 2 inside dogs (Little Man the Min Pin and Windy the Mini Smooth Fox Terrier) and approximately 28 chickens including new chicks.

Oh, Harvey and I are Mommy and Daddy to many critters!!! In addition to our mini and big horses, we have:

1. 7 Dogs -- 5 Shih tzu (Watson, Wilson, Willow, Whitney & Webster), 1 blue merle collie (Kelsey), 1 lab x chow (Maggie)
  2. 1 Maine Coon cat (Keeper)
  3. 4 Nigerian Dwarf Goats (Leroy, George, Henry and Jasper)
Here are some of our kids
default_wub.png

Watson in January at about 4mos old -- he's even more adorable now!
Watson--011609--010.jpg

Wilson in January, also more adorable now and Watson's brother

Wilson--011809--015.jpg

Kelsey our collie:

Kelsey%20--%2007062006%20--%20047.jpg

George:

11052004%20--%20015.jpg

Keeper:

Keeper%20--%2008122005%20--%202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We have goldfish, some are 10 years old!
default_new_shocked.gif

And lots of cats! Some inside and most are outside.

Hmmm. Let's see...

10 cats
default_wacko.png
(3 are co-owned with a friend and are at her place): 3 barn cats, 3 Himalayans, 1 Ragdoll, (the 3 co-owned ones are Himalayans).

4 dogs: A German Shepherd (Riis) and 3 Berners (Callie, Heidi, and Katie)

I think that's it (that's enough, I think
default_biggrin.png
).

Riis (my princess)

Sun7.jpg

Katie as a pup

o.jpg

Casey (my goofball)

TongueOut2.jpg

We have goldfish, some are 10 years old!
default_new_shocked.gif

And lots of cats! Some inside and most are outside.
lol we had one fish that died not that long ago. He was old.. had to of been close to 7-10 years. Its funny how you get attached to them. They sorta grow personalities. My cousin bought him with a few others and named him after my boyfriend. lol She had fish in and out of that tank. Then gave them all to my aunt and her son. Well same thing with her, she had fish in and out of that tank. He pretty much lived in a small overcrowded green tank. lol Then I took him and gave him a nice BIG tank with only a couple friends. lol Stupid fish lived forever. Brought in a new fish and it wiped out my entire tank, except the howard fishy. It would swim sideways, upside downs. My boyfriend would pet his head and any time we ate pizza in the house it would follow you around the tank.

right now I only have my old man Senorr Makorr (arab gelding) and Ellie my husbands new lab puppy. Once the coop is built we will have chickens, I plan on raising our own beef and pork too, and of course we can't go without a goat or two just not sure if I want to get another pygmi or get a goat for milk purpose.

I have 13 Minis (well 12 really cause one foal is already sold), Angus the Border Collie, a rescue BC/Golden Retriever mix named MacDuff, lots of Manx cats of all colors and about a half dozen fish.

Along with 8 Miniatures... I also am owned by:

-1 doggy, Love of my life, "Teo" my Toy Fox Terrier, he is my cuddler, marestare buddy, and much more
default_wub.png

Teo_cute_4-18-09-421x309.jpg

-5 Nigerian Dwarf Goats, will be more in August when 2 of them are due, 3 does & 2 bucks, love them! I grew up with goats, and owned/bred many different breeds, but recently discovered the Nigerians.

Timber, one of the boys:

IMG_1781-347x253.jpg

-10 Free range chickens, two hens are sitting on eggs that we hope will hatch in another week, we have one Old English Bantam Rooster, several Ameracuanas, 2 silky crosses of some kind, and one brown hen.

-Numerous barn cats, I don't name them anymore, just too many! About 5 hang around the barn regularly

-1 Betta fish, Indigo

Kim! Look at that expression on Teo! He's quite a character, isn't he...
default_biggrin.png
Cute
default_wub.png

Along with 8 Miniatures... I also am owned by:
-1 doggy, Love of my life, "Teo" my Toy Fox Terrier, he is my cuddler, marestare buddy, and much more
default_wub.png

Teo_cute_4-18-09-421x309.jpg

-5 Nigerian Dwarf Goats, will be more in August when 2 of them are due, 3 does & 2 bucks, love them! I grew up with goats, and owned/bred many different breeds, but recently discovered the Nigerians.

Timber, one of the boys:

IMG_1781-347x253.jpg

-10 Free range chickens, two hens are sitting on eggs that we hope will hatch in another week, we have one Old English Bantam Rooster, several Ameracuanas, 2 silky crosses of some kind, and one brown hen.

-Numerous barn cats, I don't name them anymore, just too many! About 5 hang around the barn regularly

-1 Betta fish, Indigo

MMMM...16 minis

1 stinky boxer

2 rescue italian greyhounds

1 african grey parrot

1 ornary mini donkey

1 llama

Besides the two minis, I have a Thoroughbred, an Arab, a Welsh/ Appendix cross, a Connemara/ POA cross, some kind of gaited pony, and a Welsh pony.

These are our non-horse critters

Blue, a Cocker Spanial and the love of my life! He talks constantly and is sure that he is a person. He goes everywhere with us, and gets horribly depressed if either my mom or I are gone over night. We bought him at the first show I won with my TB (hence the full name, Blue Ribbon Day). We were told by the lady selling him that he came from her groomer. After being home for three days, he ended up hospitalized with Parvo, it is a miracle that he survived. A few years after we bought him we discovered that the so called "groomer" was running a puppy mill
default_no.gif

IMG_6621.jpg

Poppy is a Pap-Eagle (Pappion/ Beagle cross).

SANY0676.jpg

Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty are brother and sister and came home on the 4th of July

Sam, he thinks he is a dog, he is the friendliest cat I have ever met.

IMG_3551.jpg

Libby, she is a talker too, and a big trouble maker when she gets board.

IMG_3547.jpg

Rascle (the gray) is 12, and Junior (the black) is 16.

SANY0362.jpg

Not pictured: Sadie, a Beagle who wandered in one day six years ago and never left!

A blue Love Bird, known by a variety of names, Feeny, Poopsie, Poopy Bird, etc, most chosen by my 92 year old Grandmother, the only person that silly bird likes!

Kim! Look at that expression on Teo! He's quite a character, isn't he...
default_biggrin.png
Cute
default_wub.png
Thanks, yes he is! He is soo sweet, hasn't met a person or an animal he doesn't like, he gives the horses kisses on the nose.
default_smile.png

I love your Berners, my mom bred them when I was a kid and I have found memories of playing with the "teddy bear" puppies.

Lets see, I have our old rescue dog Toby, and I lease my llama every year to show with my 4-H club.

And Mona, your chihuahuas are adorable
default_laugh.png

Mercy, Freedom (minis), Nefertiti (Shetland), Dipper and Weatherly (Morgans), Bridget (GSP), Quinn (yellow lab), Mrs. Whiskers (Siamese), Jeff (orange tabby DSH cat), Scratch (corn snake), assorted fish, potbelly pigs Fern and Cider and rabbits Juno and Axel (Holland Lops) and Juliette (English Spot)...pending on three Checkered Giant rabbits...

Plus hubby and two sons...

Denise

let's see....

5 barn cats and 3 kittens.

11 Tibetan Terriers

1 Collie

1 3lb Yorkie

1 Maltees x Yorkie

1 house cat (with extra toes)

1 African Gray

1 Cockatoo

BEFORE the foals started happening, we had 65 minis/ponies..........

We have 6 full size horses........5 llamas........one crazy goat......all outdoors full time........

Closer to the house, we have 4 dogs, 6 cats, 2 caged birds, 2 hermit crabs, and lord knows how many fish! We have fish in our tank indoors........and fish out in our pond(s) and pool!!! (Last count, we had about 400 but they're making more babies, I think.)

Latest posts

Back