other pets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markadoodle

Reaction score
Other than horses what else do some people own?

default_smile.png
:)
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

A side from having 1 thoroughbred 1 app and 6 minis [2 prego]

Shiloh~
4tkio9.jpg
Tri-color Shetland sheep dog male 4yrs.

Corkey~
10dhy0i.jpg
Black with white Corgi, Black lab, and beagle cross male 17yrs.

Sophie~
2cwl8ut.jpg
scgbap.jpg
not the cat lol Tan with black purebred Tibetan Spaniel female 2yrs [They are very rare]

Snoopy~
30nf3t0.jpg
98uhl0.jpg
Black and white domestic male 5yrs medium/h,

Opie~ Black and white male domestic 3 yrs s/h.

Sassy~All black female domestic s/h.

DiNozzo~
vipaqg.jpg
Orange tabby with white domestic male 1yr medium/h

Sebastien~Black with white tummy domestic male s/h 2yrs.

Chloe~Drk. Calico female domestic s/h 2yrs.

Stripes~ VERY handsome Grey tabby male approx 6yrs.

1 bird: Hazey~ a normal gray Cockatiel male 5yrs.

4 chickens Sunset~
25i261u.jpg
the most orange of the chickens 8yrs knows her name and plays fetch I love her lots. and 3 "Ordinary" chickens.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 2 QH geldings and 5 minis. We have 2 dogs,poodle and a doberman. we have 2 cats,1 rabbit,and fish. My husband just bought some ducks and chickens,still trying to figure that one out
default_wacko.png

We have 1 mini, 2 riding horses, a mule, a llama, 2 goats, 4 ducks, 3 Miniature Australian Shepherds and new litter of puppies (born yesterday!)

And I love them all!
default_biggrin.png

I have a Quarter Horse mare, a Paint Horse gelding, an Arabian mare, and 4 Miniature Horses (2 mares, a yearling gelding, and a 9 week old filly).

I have a 2 1/2 year old, female, tri-color Shetland Sheepdog, "Penny". She is my sidekick and goes to the farm with me everyday. She has a very, very healthy "respect" for the horses, which I am okay with. However, she has decided that the Miniature Horses aren't quite as scary as the "big" horses. She enjoys spending time at the barn while I clean stalls and she watches me feed the horses in their paddocks and pastures from the safety of a knoll by the barn.

43.jpg

I would like to get a couple of Pygmy goats when I re-fence the farm later this year. I had a couple of Pygmy goats in the past and I really enjoyed them and I miss having them.

We have plenty besides our 4 mini mares and 3 foals, 5 llama's, 1 pot bellied pig, 2 new kitties, farm cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pigs, 3 donkey jennies and one baby jack, 2 yrling gelded jacks, 2 riding ponies, 2 ferrets, some silkie chickens and a huge Rooster named Huey who loves his waddle stroked, 2 cockatiels, 3 baby doll sheep, we have our 4 little dogs but their family, not really pets, theirs probably more but I can't think right now, oh, we have a whole boat load of fainting goats, it's what we raise but we do have an announcement. The opening of our new farm/mobile petting zoo, to open the middle of June. If someone wants to peak at our un-done site for it, it's http://www.barneysbarnyard.com. We built a new barn just for it and think it'll be plenty of work but fun work.

Aside from the 37 miniature horses and donkeys, we also have 4 arabians, and our furkids, which would be:

Angle, our lab x JRt,

KaJ our red standard poodle,

Phoenix our red/apricot 7 week old standard poodle pup,

Paris a standard poodle pup who is 7 weeks and a apricot. The furkids are our constant companions and go everywhere with us, even the pups!

4 barn cats,

and the aquariums. Just sold all our parrots.
default_smile.png

We also have on our farm 25 fainting goats and a herd of angus.

Besides my Mini, I am owned by:

10 yr old MinPin, Gunner

3 yr old Boxer, Diego

2 yr old Yorkie, Stevie

and 8 fish/1 snail.....lol

40 Minis

1 old QH

Forrest, my Lab, who many of you have met at the shows.

Poopy-Toby, Forrest's sidekick JRT.

Six guinea pigs

two barn cats

six llamas

Lucy

Here are all my "non-horsey" critters!

"Molly" - 6 year old female spayed Boston Terrier

mollybed.jpg

"Abby" - 1 year old female spayed Boxer

abbyxmas08.jpg

"Missy" - 3.5 month old Long Coat Chihuahua

missy6.jpg

"Laci" - 3 year old Short Coat Chihuahua

lacimain.jpg

"Pippi" - 9 week old Chihuahua (was told purebred, but I am almost certain some type of Terrier Mix)

P1290815.jpg

and going to get my new male today...

"Panda" - 1 year old Short Coat Chihuahua

panda.jpg

I have a shih tzu child..love of my life x 1,000,000. She is two years old and to say i love her more then life, would be an understatement
default_wub.png
. She is such a girly girl - more human then a dog really. We do not own her...she owns us
default_wub.png
. She loves going for car rides...especially when we go to McDonalds or the corner drive thru in town as she gets dog treats. She will sit up on her butt and beg...it is just the cutest thing.....spoiled....yes that would be her middle name.

Fixing to clip all that pretty golden coat off from her today as she is out with me a lot at the barn and it gets way to hot for her...going to miss my fuzzy bear so much but i must admit, she looks pretty cute all naked too
default_laugh.png
. Mom clipped her while i was at Nationals last year, came home and sassy was naked..i was so mad and it took all this long for it to grow back in.

n1083294008_30261392_3380481.jpg

n1083294008_30261397_5217305.jpg

After taking a dip in our creek last week ...

sssssss060.jpg

I have a small family compared to all of you...lol. I used to have minis, goats, and chickens along with the dogs and cat.

Now it's just 3 dogs: Brutus, 13yr old lab. Radar, 9yr old mix (in my avatar), Tanga, 1 yr old rat terrier.

oh and 3 hermit crabs: Phil, Sig, and Kieth!

I have 5 minis, 3 ducks, chickens, 2 dogs Azure a shar pei ( she is a therapy dog, and spayed), and Charlie a mix(neutered), 2 house cats Kona(spayed) and Nitro(neutered), and a couple fish.

Charlie

n1435651841_30345852_6194996.jpg

Azure and Nitro

n1435651841_30031532_464.jpg

Besides my 14 miniature horses. They are Onekas Devil After Dark(stallion), Cross Country New Kid In Town(stallion), Cool Running Sanka SPH(gelding), Sharptails Peanut Butter(mare), Risquefishers Winter Sky(mare), Unquestionably Cute Jypsy Rose SPH(mare), FDC's Moongirl Shania(mare), Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy(mare), Leaning Pines Harlequin Romance(mare), Benviews Special Dawn(mare), Lucky K Here For The Party(mare), Minni Spark Black Blinker No5(mare), BBS Lovely H(2008 filly), and SPH Bookers Bonnie Blinker(2009 filly).

5 arabians(one is in my hubbys name). They are Abakus Jamaal KE(stallion), SPH Phancyphire(mare), SPH Sameera Sunnphire(mare owned by my hubby), Contessa Angelina(mare), and Malibelle Bint Bint Nadira-pending(mare).

3 dogs(registered male border collie-Shefdale Rusty, male Yorkiepoo-Teddy, and female Shih Tzu-Maggie)

2 male fixed cats, Minou and Whiskers

Besides the 23 mini's we have we also own a miniature donkey- Dixie Belle

Belle

4 dogs and 3 cats----the first picture is of my Boxer baby Angel who is 8 months old today, my daughters pug Bunny who is 6 years old and Milo, our porch kitty who stays outside is 11 years old. Milo loves his pets. The other two cats, Jaggy and Cruella are barn cats, both getting old and I do not have any pictures of them here at work. When you have a camera they are hard to find.

Angel, Bunny and Milo

these are the two outside dogs who came up as strays at different times. The first is Scruffy who is 9 or 10 years old and the other is Rags who is about 2

Scruffy

Rags

We also have 11 neon tetras, 2 betta's, 2 goldfish, 3 catfish and a black sucker fish. Life would be so boring without our pets.

Lets see here we have Gracie the mini, Danny my blm gelding who is 18, Dixie my spanish mustang tb mare who is 5, Wrangler my whippet who is 1, Tootsie Roll my miniature doxi who is 4, Allie my buff and white cocker who is 7 months, our newly adopted chiwinne( we think) Jackson who is 4 or 5 months old, and I go get my new little one Friday shes a 7 week old Chihuahua she doesnt have a name yet. Then we have 2 house cats, Sami and Swenney, We also have Billy our 4 yr old Boer nubian billy, Fran our 5 yr old Boer x nubian nanny, Brownie our 4 yr old Boer nanny, Lambchop our 1 yr old nubianx boer cross , Domino our 1 yr old boer nubian cross, then we have 4 kids from this year we have 2 boys and 2 girls,the boys will be leaving for there new homes in a few weeks. THe girls I think will be staying around , we have Cinnamon which is also a boer nubian cross shes 3 months old, then we have Oreo who is also a boer nubian cross.Then for the boys we have Larry and Curly lol both boys are 3 months old they are 3/4 boer and 1/4 nubian. Cinnamon,Oreo,Lambchop and Domino are all full siblings they are out of Fran. This is the 2nd time shes had a set of twins. Larry and Curly is out of Brownie, this is brownies 1st set of kids to live, we lost the 1st baby due to lack of proper nutrition before she came to us.THe poor baby never had a suckling reflux nor ever stood up.

OK I guess thats about it for the critters LOL
default_wub.png

We have sixteen minis (a couple mares are due, so that number will hopefully go up a little!).

four dogs-Camille, old grouchy lab mix my hubby had before I met him, Rascal, goober dog-I say his breed is "goober" as he isnt the brightest bulb on the tree, hes actually a terrier mix. And two 5 month old Rattle(rat terrier/beagle) puppies, Nacho and Chip.

thirteen cats-four are indoor, two are outdoor, seven go in and out.

1 Alpine wether goat, Twister. he has run of the farm.

1 bunny.

2 7/8 chickens (1 is missing a wing, so we say he is 7/8ths a chicken LOL)

2 goldfish.

And whatever various crawlies my 9 year old son runs across, such as lizards, frogs, turtles, etc. Right now he has a snapping turtle thats about the size of a quarter he found in our yard (weird as we have no water near the house, Im still trying to figure out if it wandered from the creek about a quarter mile away, or the Mom had a nest near the house....) and he has a couple frogs. saved a lizard from one of the cats yesterday.

Oh and we are building a new house, it isnt totally closed in yet and a bird built a nest in there, the babies left the nest today while we were outside this morning, that was neat to see!

I think that it right now!

Latest posts

Back