Opinions needed-best high-speed satellite internet

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanny

Reaction score
Though we live near a major city, because we live in a rural suburb with 5 acre minimums, woods and lots of lakes, we don't have access to cable tv, DSL, or any other high speed internet service besides going with one of the satellite dish services.

I've always had regular dial up on my desktop computer which is very slow. My husband has wireless access via his laptop, but from home, even that is slower than it should be.

We have satellite tv through DirectTV and they have an internet option called Direcway that we are considering but I'd like to hear opinions about that from others that use it and I'd like to know what else might be out there that I might not know about.

We are in a similar situation, we have dial-up only. There is a wireless service that we could maybe get, depends on how many trees are in the line of sight of the tower. That is faster then dial-up. Not sure about satellite. I think you can recieve faster, but send is slower.

You may want to look here

http://www.detnews.com/2005/techcolumns/05...tech-223525.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Well other then Direct PC There is ONLY ONE Other Satellite service available for High Speed Internet and that is... Wild Blue~!

I am waiting for High Speed Internet through the over head Power Lines and OR My own phone company going with EVERYTHING through the Phone line...From DSL Of which I am on now,, to Cable TV yes TV Through the phone line is coming.. And then I may stop using The Dish Network Sat service.

I have Direcway, and if I had any other options for high speed, I'd get it.

I have had Direcway for two and a half years, and though we have our "issues", I would not go back to dialup for anything.

Liz M.

Back