OOPS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LizardBreath

Reaction score
Well, He's gone and done it now :eek:

This is Taz-Man, Gracie's son (Judy's mare that lost her foal).

He's decided to give his mommy a grand-baby.

tazman2.jpg

He also has NO idea he's a mini (he KNOWS he is 16 hands), and has gotten my Arab/Paint mare pregnant.

horses063.jpg

So what do you think? Did he pick a nice girlfriend?
default_wacko.png
:

Must have been one heck of a ditch~!!!

I think the outcome is going to be something awesome.

Like Marty said "I think the outcome is going to be something awesome." I think your right. :bgrin I just don't know how he could have got her pregnant.

Wow...cant wait to see the foal!! Bet its gorgeous!!! Do you think she lay down for him, or did he borrow your ladder??? :lol: :lol: :aktion033:

Naughty boy what was he thinking l wonder. :lol: :lol:

LOL.....I think she must have lay down for him. No ladders, no ditches. I honestly didn't even suspect she was pregnant until very recently when she started getting that belly :new_shocked: We'll find out when she's due here in a couple of weeks.

Can't wait to see that baby! We know someone last year who's mini stallion bred their draft mare! Thay said the mare did lay down for him, go figure! I wish I had gotten the chance to see THAT baby. :lol: Good luck and be sure to post pics when baby arrives!

I have seen our mini stallion "Catch on Fire" breed one of our neighbors full sized horses, thru a fence! Their barn and dry lot is next to ours. They only use it for expectant mares and had never really caused us any problems, well this one tricked them, she wasn't expecting. She backed up into their barbed wire fence, pushing it about a foot or so into our page wire fence, and was sitting in it like a swing, while the little guy did his thing. It scared me to death, when I saw what was happening. I was afraid that she would fall, and he would become a she. My neighbor didn't believe me when I told her until she saw the fence stretched out of shape. Luckily, I guess, she ddin't settle. I would love to see pictures when the foal arrives.

corrected spelling....a bad case of fat fingers tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, and I worry about my 30.5" stallion breeding my 34" mares by himself. After this thread, I dont think it was such a big stretch after all! :new_shocked:

:new_shocked: Wow! How is that baby going to nurse!? He's going to need a step stool! lol! I bet that will be a pretty baby!

how funny!!! we've got a small pony sized jack (37-38in) that bred a 16hand QH mare through a fence!!! She backed up to it and he climbed up onto the fence and somehow bred her through it!!! This was just before we bought him though....guess these boys must have something in common!!! Big egos i guess. But i bet the babe will turn out cute!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh YES, been there done that!! Quite a few times, in fact. How big is the mare??

My Arab was 14.2hh and the foal was 34" (an inch bigger than his sire) at birth. No problem reaching the spigots at all.

The foal on my Dartmoor mare was literally the size of a Labrador at birth as I thought that was what was chasing her (did not even know she was in foal, I was watching the Welsh mare in the same field, luckily!!)

That foal had to stretch, but, again, it was fine.

The resultant foals baby was also tiny and, again had to stretch, but where there is a will, there is a way.

I wrote a poem about the Arab's tryst- I'll have to see if I can find it- I can't remember if that was one that 'World published or not.
default_smile.png

Oh my gosh, she just looks SOOOO innocent. Silly mare! Doesn't she know nice girls don't take it past flirting?
default_rolleyes.gif
: :lol:

Leia

Well, He's gone and done it now :eek:

So what do you think? Did he pick a nice girlfriend?
default_wacko.png
:
Yes, he has great taste!!!

I saw an ArabxPaint mare foal by a 32" mini stallion (bred by AI) and the resulting bay pinto filly was GORGEOUS....

Your "grandbaby" should be a lovely foal! I personally love the expression on the mare's face - "I didn't do anything, see, my legs are "almost" crossed... " :lol:

Mercy's first foal was conceived when SHE tore the wooden fencing out to get to my mini stallion - the farm where she was boarded called me to say they were not worried about my "pregnant" mare (who actually lost her foal due to Rhino shots), but they were worried about 2-year old Mercy, who definitely had an agenda! She was in with my stallion with that same innocent look! :bgrin

As they say, where there is a will, there is a way! :aktion033: :bgrin

Denise

Silversong Farm

Please share how you did this. I have a very few spot appy mare 14.3 hands. I would love to breed her to our appy stallion as she is out of 2 leopards.

Can't wait to see. When is she due? She is pretty big already.

Traci

Taz is 30 inches, and Boe Tye (the mare) is 14.3 hands. She's 11 years old, and never had a foal before, so this ought to be interesting.

:lol:

And innocent is NOT in this girls vocabulary! For the last week or so if anyone even so much as looks at her belly, we get pinned ears and kicking (and I have the bruises on my leg to prove it) :new_shocked: She's always been a bit of a pill, but this is just a whole new level.

But hey, I always wanted a foal from this mare, so I guess they got tired of waiting on me to pick out a husband for her and took matters into their own hands.....er..well...hooves
default_wink.png
:

Now we just have fingers crossed for a silver bay pinto filly
default_wub.png
:

Can't wait to see the foal! Let us know when you find out when she's due!

Latest posts

Back