Old pencil collection

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginia

Reaction score
I've held on to my Dad's pencil collection every since he passed away in '97 (I guess sometimes we think we can hold on to a loved one by keeping their "stuff", takes a few years to realize that stuff that you don't personally connect with, no matter who it belonged to, is just "stuff". I got it out yesterday and sort of cleaned it up and sorted it a bit, and wound up with around 125 mechanical pencils, some of them what I would call "novelty" advertising pencils and the rest just regular advertising pencils with the name of the business and in some cases the telephone # (some were so old they had 2 and 3 diget phone numbers on them). Now these aren't wooden pencils, they're the regular mechanical pencils that were popular before the ball-point pen made it's appearance. I think most of them are from the 30's, 40's and early 50's. Also found 2 bakelite fountain pens and 2 combination fountain pen/mechanical pencils, (pen on one end, pencil on the other, also I believe they are bakelite). I'd like to sell them and contribute the proceeds to my "new cart and harness" fund, but have no idea what they are actually worth, and would like at least a ballpark figure to have in mind before I contact dealers, collectors, or have them put on e-bay. Do any of you have any ideas of worth?

There are also in the box what I would guess to be about 200 early advertising ball-point pens that he acquired before he decided that the influx of the ballpoints had sort of ruined his interest in the mechanical pencils. Would they have any value do you think?

Do a search on Ebay. That will give you an accurate value.

Andrea

hi ginny!

looks like the pencil sharpeners are more popular. rustys dad had a huge collection of sharpeners but i dont know what happened to them

ebay pencils

Latest posts

Back