Oklahoma people and fires

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsefeather

Reaction score
If there is anyone in the areas the fire is burning and you need a place to evacuate your animals, we have room for about anything except a stallion. We live on the other side of Tahlaquah. If you need a place, you can call 479-841-6965.

Pam

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You for the offer, I hope none of us have to take you up on it.

I would be in real trouble with the variety that I have, 2 stallions,2 geldings,4 mini mares and 1 big mare. I hope I never have to evacuate them again. I came so close 2 years ago that I had everyone haltered and in the yard ready to load and was going to have to put several in the pickup so I could get the rest in the trailer. It is a horrible feeling. I won't leave without them though.

I would almost have to tie cattle panels to the side of the trailer to make temporary pens if I had to move them. I do have a friend with facilities that could handle them if I could get them there.

They have evacuated another small town in Oklahoma this evening and the fires are burning everywhere. It is a very scary situation. I wish we could get some rain so it would help slow them down.

We dozed a fire break around our entire farm 2 years ago but with the wind, the fires are igniting way ahead of the actual fire. Now they are saying that the wind is shifting direction and making it harder to control the fires.

We need lots of prayers that we all make it through safely.

Oh my, I hope everyone is staying safe. Those fires seem so scary and with the high winds, winds changing direction and the dry conditions that is to a fires advantage. Looks like fires are in Arkansas, Kansas and Texas also. Stay safe everyone, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Check in if you can.

I live 3 miles east and south of Kellyville, our electric went off @ around 8:30p.m. last night and didn't come on until 10:30p.m. So my cell phone was kept busy with people calling me and telling me what the news was saying about the fires and the direction it was heading, at one point they said it was heading straight for Kellyville when the "cold front" came through and the winds started blowing to the Southeast. I had 3 volunteers standing by with trailers to come and load my herd up and get them out if necessary. Luckily we stayed safe and didn't have to leave. A big thank you to those 3 and one of them I didn't even know, she is a facebook friend to my daughter. I really hope that the people along highway 33, west of highway 66 are o.k. they had 33 shut down and no one was getting to go through...

Danny

KUEL 1/4 HORSES

As I posted on the back porch topic---it's just so sad (and sick) that the Luther fire was deliberately set--police are looking for a black truck--a witness reported seeing someone throwing lighted newspaper out the window. How can people be so sick as to do something like that?

Back