Oklahoma on fire tonight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

We are having very high wind here tonight and there is a fire in southern Oklahoma near Ardmore that is so bad that there is an entire town at risk. It has burned over 10,000 acres and several structures.

There are other fires all over the state but that is the worst one right now.

Please join all of us in Oklahoma and Texas as we pray for rain.

Thanks,

Mary

I'll keep you all in my prayers. I hope they get the fire out soon. Living in CA, I know what you are going through.

I certainly will! We saw it on the news tonight, that has to be so scarey...are you able to get any hay down where you're at or is that getting scarce?

OH gee whiz Mary be careful! If you have to evacuate load up everyone and go!!!!!

Totally will pray for rain and safety of everyone!

These high winds scare the %#$& out of me. There have been fires down this way too, but I don't know where they are since we don't get local channels at our house. The thought of fire has had me on edge for weeks. I hope everyone is ok.

PLEASE RAIN!!

Oh my, good thoughts and prayers coming from our farm to all of you again! I so wish we could send you some of the wet weather we've had the last few weeks.

Krisp

Mary,

What's the status of the fire this morning???

MA

We had a fire 1.5 miles south of my house (in Marlow) yesterday--that's way too close for comfort!! According to the paper, it burned 9000 acres and destroyed at least 4 homes, but no injuries were reported. My trailer was 30 minutes away at the farm (my mother's house) in Walters, so I rushed out there to pick it up. Luckily, I didn't have to move the one mini and donkey I have at my place.

Oh gosh everyone, PLease be safe and protect yourselves and your animals, praying for rain for all of you. How close are these firse to Lawton? (thats where I was born/raised) Corinne

Corinne,

The fire I mentioned was in Marlow, the town just east of Lawton. Not too long ago, there was a fire on the far east side of the Lawton city limits, that just missed the cows, barn and house on a large dairy farm. It burned quite a bit of their hay, and all around the lot they keep the milk cows in, as well as some neighboring land.

The fires are still burning but they just announced that they are under control at the moment. This has been a horrible last few weeks. Several people that I know are burned out. Most did save their animals but now have no pasture and no hay. The cattle market is getting flooded with animals the ranchers cannot feed.

Several are without homes. I personally know 3 people that lost their homes and are now living with relatives.

The combination of no rain and the horribly high winds have been terrible. Add to the mix the 8 people (so far) that they have caught setting fires just in this county.

We have a small chance of rain Monday or Tuesday, please help us pray that it rains here.

Mary

Thanks, and please be safe. Those fires would just be too close for comfort, and I would be heading out with my animals in tow, at the first sign of a large fire. (I know, much easier said then done!) I feel so bad for all the ranchers in the "fire area" and hope all the animals are safe. Corinne

Latest posts

Back