Ok, I'm sure this is gonna ruffle feathers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im just glad to be here
default_rolleyes.gif
:

mary lou you do ROCK!!!!!!!!

I'll venture that (for us oldtimers, anyway) the underlying objection is not so much that any particular post is moved, but rather a sense of personal loss regarding our old forum. What used to be a friendly, somewhat noisy jumble has become a riot with everyone shouting to be heard.

Our "family" has grown into a "small town," and is now becoming a "city." As traffic increases, the mail in our community can no longer be delivered on a first name basis...we need zip codes. Instead of a two lane country road, we now have a congested boulevard needing traffic lights.

It's progress...

While we appreciate the need for this, many miss the folksiness of our old, smaller forum. It's easy to feel hurt when one's post is no longer considered "front page news."

Sadly, we can't have it both ways.

I appreciate the need for change, and I do visit the photo forum frequently, but I admit that I feel a bit lost. There is no longer a place for the stories I used to write...they certainly aren't educational, so I don't feel they are appropriate for the main forum, but I rarely have photos, therefore the photo gallery isn't the place. My posts are miniature horse related, so the personality of the Back Porch is not right either. [shrug] But that's my problem.

Mary Lou and everyone involved with this forum do a superlative job and have to make many difficult decisions. I'm sure they miss the "good old days," too, but they have to maintain this forum as best they can, ensuring that it is useful and relevant to as many people as possible.

So while we miss the way things used to be, we have to accept the fact that things change. That's life.
I do have to agree with this. Perfect analogy in my opinion.

I don't usually have time to go to the photo gallery either....it's usually the Main Forum, The Backporch, the Auction and the sales page. I guess I do need to take time out and smell the roses and visit the photo page more often. I ppreciate all the forums that have been set up, the monitoring that goes on in front and behind the scenes and just the fact that I am a part of this big awesome establishment makes it all worth while. Thanks to Mary Lou, Mona, Liz, Carol and the gals that monitor the other forums as well....you are all doing a great, big wonderful job!! Here HERE!!!
default_cheers.gif
: :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
:

Our "family" has grown into a "small town," and is now becoming a "city." As traffic increases, the mail in our community can no longer be delivered on a first name basis...we need zip codes. Instead of a two lane country road, we now have a congested boulevard needing traffic lights.

It's progress...

So while we miss the way things used to be, we have to accept the fact that things change. That's life.
Susanne that was pretty perfect. I too miss those days and I think back to some of the threads and just have to laugh. But we have grown. And it is called "progress". And even though I am a creature of habit and do not like change.....nothing remains the same. One day these will be the "good ole' days". Such is life.

And like Jill.....at least I think it was Jill said......everyone had a hissy when the Back Porch was created and now look at it. So in essence.........we just have to get on with it.

And for the people who say they will not post on the Picture Forum? Well, I say it's your loss.
default_rolleyes.gif
: Again, in the scheme of things it's pretty silly to cut off your nose to spite your face.

Susanne, I loved your stories! I think they are supposed to go on the main forum -- how I understood it, the part about being "educational" was for picture posts?

It's progress...

Susanne that was pretty perfect. I too miss those days and I think back to some of the threads and just have to laugh. But we have grown. And it is called "progress". And even though I am a creature of habit and do not like change.....nothing remains the same. One day these will be the "good ole' days". Such is life.

And like Jill.....at least I think it was Jill said......everyone had a hissy when the Back Porch was created and now look at it. So in essence.........we just have to get on with it.

And for the people who say they will not post on the Picture Forum? Well, I say it's your loss.
default_rolleyes.gif
: Again, in the scheme of things it's pretty silly to cut off your nose to spite your face.
Well said
default_yes.gif
:

I don't go to the photo forum for the same reason someone else mentioned. We are still on dial up and it just takes too long for pics to load. If we EVER get the broadband they promised us out here, things will be different.

Mary Lou and the mods do a great job. Running and monitoring any message board is quite a chore, but one this size and with this many members is a monumental task! :new_shocked:

I can however understand the frustration of seeing your post moved, especially when others aren't, but I don't think it was intentional.

I love seeing everyone's babies, and try to post a congrats to all, but there are days when I don't get on here at all with work etc. and if I miss any that is not intentional either.

I don't usually post my own babies (except for our preemie last year who was such an amazing story, and a filly whose colour I was not sure about), but perhaps this year I will!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm I have mixed feelings about this. I posted about winning Supreme at Nationals with my filly a while back and put a picture with it because I thought folk would want to see it. It got moved to the picture forum. I was sharing my win not really my pic. I felt like it was pretty big and deserved the main forum.

Im not trying to complain or anything, I love this place. Just saying how I feel.

Latest posts

Back