Ok,i am really mad now

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini horse mania

Reaction score
I took 2 of my mares to a vet office here in,wilson nc to get a coggins test before they go to their new home. we walked in,were not welcomed,then the receptionist grabs the phone a minute after the vet steps in...i told her we brought the mares in for coggins,amd she asked for my,adress.i gave it to her.she asked me since when werent they stabled at $&$ stables...i told her they havent ever been there.these have been on my property for years.she informs me that they,will not give me service as I was associated with,that,stable...i told her I was not,and that it was an outrage that they could refuse service without,even asking my name!!! I will never go there again,we trucked the mares 30 miles away to draw coggins.i am just so mad....

Frustrating indeed. Obviously not the type of vet practice you want working on your horses...

I had a vets office refuse to let my vet know what anesthesia was used on my dog for a spay 8 years prior unless my dogs FORMER owner set up a payment plan for paying her money she owed to them. I owned the dog 8 years and paid for the spay in full myself when the dog was given to me and had no real contact with the former owner after adopting the dog. I had nothing to do with this vet and my vet called them to ask about the anesthesia because my dog reacted badly and was refused the information because the dog was previously owned by someone that owed them money. Crazy. I ended up having to cancel a dental on my dog, had to send them a registered letter requesting the records, and had to pay in cash for the records and got the information 2 months later. Some practices have long forgot the big picture.

What you experienced at that vet office makes ME mad, and all I did was read about it. How about writing an editorial for your local paper about your experience? Maybe that will get some attention. Grrrr....

I was tempted to,but I decided against causing more mess.....they have bad reviews come to find out after looking,them up....

Wow, that's bad, but it sounds like the $&$ stable might be even worse
default_no.gif

I know who the $&$ stable is....its my in laws.....come to find out...after the fact...one of,their horses foaled,coliced and went down while they were gone,someone called the state,the state called this vet and the vet put the horse down against their wishes.they wanted to save her...they refused to pay for the euthenasia.i have nothing to do with,their mess,or them starving their animals.the horses comfiscated...or the vet bill.the fact that I married their son doesnt make me liable for their bills....they have screwed every vet around and anybody they can out,of anything....they make me look bad...and I dont even go around them!!! now I cant even use a vet unless I truck my horses an hour.no one will come out,because they know the last name and associate "crook" with it....im not like that...they hate my guts

I wonder if you can send a polite letter explaining things to the vet you'd like to use? Tell them your situation and that you would like to use their service to keep your animals healthy and that you will pay upfront if need be? It is a very tough situation to be in, but I see their side as well. Maybe they think you are actually bringing in your in law's animals and just trying to dupe them. If they are really as bad as you say, you can't blame the vets too much. But, I would hope if you explained things nicely and offered to pay upfront and provide proof that it is YOU that owns the horses then they will understand as well. Good luck!

I will,i kinda dont blame the vet now....i found this mess out last night from my husband...he confronted them about it...i just wish I wasnt associated with such money hungry,lying,cheating people....i want my old last name back...i am ashamed to be kin to them..they have such a bad reputation

Is there any way you can use your maiden name when you go to the vet? I know when I go to a new vet, they never ask for an ID. Maybe you can pay with cash instead of credit or check until you develope a relationship with a vet. Then it won't matter what your name is because they'll know you are a responsible pet owner and client.

Oh boy can I sympathize with you! But, in reverse! My daughter in law bought some horse feed on credit at the same dealer that I've used for over 20 years, then didn't pay up. I explained to the owner of the farm supply and he totally understood. She also used me as a reference for buying a car that she didn't keep up with. I also had to speak to them. If you take the time the talk to the vets and explain that you have nothing to do with them, then they should understand, and pay up front, money talks.

Latest posts

Back