Ohio Bay horses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremor

Reaction score
I was told to look up old Ohio Bay horses? Any info? I haven't heard of them.

Are you sure it was 'Ohio Bay' or was it meant to be 'Ohio' horses, color bay? I have a gelding (21 years old) that has Ohio bloodlines in his pedigree. He was registered black, but after he was 3 he looks more dark dark bay than black. His sire was black and his dam was a blood or mahogany bay. I believe the dam had the Ohio breeding (without looking at his papers).

Are you possibly referring to the Cleveland Bay horses? It use to be a breed of the past...Beautiful, and talented horses.

I re-read the message and it said Ohio Bay horses. Not the Cleveland Bays or bay horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ohio horses (like Ohio Sheekabob) are in a lot of the pedigrees of some great horses. They are pretty far back now, though.

I know in the pedigree of a mare I used to own, there was Ohio's Bay Lady, and I am sure more like that. Maybe that is what it is in reference to?? Unfortunately, I don't have the pedigree program on my new computer as I had stopped breeding before getting this computer, so no need to load it onto this one.

I know I've come across some Ohio horses in old pedigrees, that produced some titled champions.

Ohios Little Queenie - Producer National Champion

Ohio’s Little Toy - Sire of National Champions, Producer of National Champion in Pleasure Driving

Ohios Meadow Muffin - Producer National Champion Driving & National Grand Champion Mare

Ohios Nellie Grey (unreg) Producer of Champion(s)

Ohios Tiny Tim (unreg) Producer of Champion(s)

but I only have pictures of Ohios Little Toy and Ohios Little Red Coupon. Little Toy was a gorgeous boy!!

I am currently looking for a few "Ohio" horses in my boys pedigree and those photos are hard to come by and there is very little info on them as well

LOL. Thanks Vanessa! I should have asked you but I thought that Lil' Beginnings had more people from more backgrounds. More the merrier! I did find Ohios Bay Lady and I also found quite a few Ohio horses that Castle Rock listed above.
default_smile.png

And you know just how much I LOVE your stallions.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Prairie Views Little Joe Friday has primarily Ohio breeding in his background (13 horses registered with Ohio prefix). It's a foundation line but has produced some remarkable little horses. Joe is around 29"

chiefhorsestacker_zps93ccb804.jpg

Latest posts

Back