Oh My!! Beautiful new show halter!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
Ok I was originally looking for a black rolled leather show halter with a thick silver nose band and silver accents...when I came across this one and just HAD to have it!!! It's soooo shiny =) Do you think I out-did myself on this one? *smile*

JewelNoseHalter.jpg

What do you all think?? Is it pretty or is it too much? It will be going on...don't laugh...my stallion! :bgrin he's got a grey/white head with a white blaze (pictured below), longer nose so I think this will look purty!

ChaceFace.jpg

If it doesn't look pretty I can always try it on my appy filly but she has a fancier, more mottled and "busy" pattern to her face so i'm looking for something simple for her to show it off...

*grin*

ok i'm still laughing at myself lol but I like the halter!!

Not too much for me, but I like showy and glitter.
default_wub.png
:

I think it is lovely. Should look nice on your stallion.
default_wub.png
: :saludando:

AWW JUST GO FOR IT, I LOVE COLLECTING THEM, I BOUGHT A SHOW HALTER BAG THAT HOLDS SIX CABLES, SOOOOOOO I BOUGHT SIX TO PUT IN IT, OH SORRY I TELL A LIE
default_unsure.png
: I GOT SENT TWO OF THEM LOL I LOVE THEM

YaY! Ok so I didn't quite over-do it yet then huh? Something tells me i'll be a show halter collecter too...lol!!

ctinsley - I bought it off of ebay but this person makes the halters themselves - this one was the only one they had like it so I am crossing my fingers it's the right size..I measured my stallion and he's within the range of the size so...i'll see I guess!

I also purchased this really pretty Filigree Ice halter for my filly who has a crystal blue eye, i'm hoping this halter makes her eye really show true!

FiligreeIceHalter.jpg

(she looks mad in this pic lol but it shows her crystal blue eye!)

Diva2-24-06-2.jpg

The coolest part is that some of their halters come complete with chin and throat chains and lead rope!! But you have to READ to see if the halter is for one specific size, or if you need to let them know the size...and then to see if their just selling the halter only, or the halter "set".

They've been great to work with!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Halter off of them last fall.. I ordered the xlarge size for my 37" mare and it doesnt come close to fitting her. it fits my 34" mare but not her.

Sherry

Sherry, they give you the option of either choosing a size, or measuring your horse and letting them know so they can custom size it for you. I was going to just choose a size for my fillies but I decided at the last minute I had better measure her...she measured definately not the size I was going to get for her and this seller was kind enough to make note of my fillies size for my order =)

I did measure my mare's head and she fell in the range of the xlarge size they offered so that is what i ordered. When I got it wont fit and I measured it and it wasnt the size I had ordered. I emailed her about it and my only option was sending it back at my expense and paying for the shipping of another one. It was a christmas present for my daughter b/c it was for "her" mare. Time was short and so wasnt money so we kept the halter in hopes that it fits the foal that her mare is due with anyday.. and in hopes its a filly as the halter is pink.

I love their halters and they do have a website that you can order thru also. I am just cautious anymore about buying halters online b/c of the fitting issue.

Sherry

Sherry,

I see your point =) I am not in much of a hurry so I suppose if one comes in the wrong size...well the flashy jewel nose one only came in one size but if the blue filigree ice one comes in the wrong size I think i would have some time to exchange it before May!

Sorry about your size mix up, i hope your daughters horse has a filly!

I just ordered a halter for a client's horse from them as well.... the halters look nice.. just hope it fits the geldings head.... :bgrin (I,too, measured his head and ordered the X Large.. he is also about 37", Palomino with a blaze and two crystal blue eyes... can't wait to see the halter on him...)

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

:lol: Hey!!!!!! I was watching and WANTING that myself!!!!!!!!! I was going to bid on that!!!!!!! I REALLY like it!!! Let me know how you like it and take pictures! I want to see!!!

I think it looks VERY nice!!! I think it would be nice and something a little "different"!!!

Congrate's on the new show halter!!

I've looked at their halters several times, and I really like that one.

Question though for you who use one with the round beads across the noseband. Do you think they make the horse uncomfortable? Have hesitated to order one because I'm not sure how they would sit on the face bones (don't know what bones they are
default_wacko.png
: ).

Opinions please! Thanks

I love their halters! I was curious too about the throatlatch chains. I've never used one and never seen one used in this area...do people use them? Are they removeable from the halters?

Shelley

:lol: Hey!!!!!! I was watching and WANTING that myself!!!!!!!!! I was going to bid on that!!!!!!! I REALLY like it!!! Let me know how you like it and take pictures! I want to see!!!

I think it looks VERY nice!!! I think it would be nice and something a little "different"!!!

Congrate's on the new show halter!!

Thanks very much - i'll let you know first if for some reason the halter doesn't fit or if I just dont like how it looks - it happens sometimes!!!

I am not sure if throatlatch chains are meant for a purpose or what but I personally like the look of the chain if it's the right length and size...anyone know what it is meant for?

I can't wait to see these halters!!

Oh and for the round beads on the nose band, I don't know but I too was thinking the same thing - doesn't it hurt the horses nose? So I thought what the heck, try it and see if the horse looks irritated or bothered in any way, and then i'll know!

The conchos and throatlatch chain are for accenting the neck... I LOVE them, they are so beautiful when they fit properly or are too big. Too small and they look really bad, and are uncomfortable for the horses. And the conchos are removable, but I've been told that if you do it too many times it will break. I've never personally used conchos and chains, just because we've never actually bought them... But one day I will!!!

The halter is really nice! I like the extras LOL! All my halters are very simple because that's what I like on my horses, but on other people's horses I do like the look of the extras... One of the people I've worked with even suggested putting swarofski crystals on it to reflect colors and change on it's own! We started getting really into it and just haven't done it yet! LOL, I have one of those ones with the red center across the wider black leather noseband, and we were going to stick the crystals across that one! Who else thinks that would be really pretty?

Jess

PS, I totally agree about the round beads, I'd never do that my self because I like my halters to fit a bit snug (I had a horse get loose at my first show ever... I learned from it!) and I'd be afraid of hurting them. I even go so far as to try and get the extra padded ones! LOL, my horses aren't spoiled at all!!!

I just want to give you one warning. The beads over the nose often chafe and rub the skin raw.

I had that on a Granduer Arab halter, and that is why I went to flat nosebands, that won't rub.

I just inquired about that halter myself. I liked the flat beads as opposed to the round ones across the nose. I have a black horse and need something like this to show her off but I don't show much so didn't want to spend $100+ for a halter.

How much did that go for?

Her halters are going in the $20-$50 range starting, I ended up winning the blue ice filigree halter for just $24.99 and the jewel nose halter for $65 =) She charges $5 for shipping and will combine shipping so I just got 2 very pretty halters for under $100! I am keeping an eye on her store for a third, maybe 4th halter to bring in =)

Jess, I personally love the swarovsky crystals, they DO reflect all different colors and look great on halters!! I would say your best bet would be to try your idea and see if you like it once it is done! I bet it would look great!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back